Reliance Jio to use RCom Fiber Infrastructure

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,967
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope RJio is not planning to use RCom's customer support and local technical teams for RJio services.
lol

This is old news actually. RJio & RCom has signed multiple deals to share Infrastructure - Both Fiber as well as Wireless. Even after availing RCom Infrastructure, RJio is continuously delaying launch.

RJio's strategy looks obvious. Use RCom's existing fiber network wherever they can. Install new Fiber Infrastructure where there is no RCom Infrastructure.

And this may come as surprise to many. RJio is also borrowing Airtel's Infrastructure to launch 4G services.

This is last year's news.

Reliance Jio, RCom finalise third infra deal | Business Standard News

Why i suspect that Rjio n Rcom will ultimately merge!

I did some research. RCom & RJio already signed extensive sharing agreements on their Infrastructure. They are now essentially a single entity. Just their branding is different.

RCom deals with RJio

45,000 (ground and rooftop) tower infrastructure worth Rs 12,000 crore
500,000 Km Optical Fiber network worth Rs 5,000 crore
Upgradation of existing OFC network
Configuring additional towers to be built at new locations

RJio has also signed sharing deals with Bharti Airtel on areas where RCom doesn't have Network Infrastructure.

Edit - It makes sense to believe that RJio will soon come to areas where RCom already exists.

From what I know the 4G rollout is delayed till Q4 2015/ Q1 2016 and till then they are just getting the infra up for 4G. The infra / signal towers will use the Reliance fiber.

Edit : talking about Mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.