PAID 2800 FOR 4MBPS PLAN NOW STUCK WITH 2MBPS

• Thread starter Thread starter mutaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,260
ISP
BSNL
BSNL , YES! The only option i have in my area.i work online so i needed a bigger plan so that i can use it for mostly uploading and downloading.this is my first month with bsnl.i was hoping for good uploading speed as the plan is of 4MBPS.but obviously its BSNL! uploading speed sucks! i know everyone with 4MBPS plan is having problem! if there's a solution please help!

here are my stats -

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):493
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):1995

hehe. try pgportal!

can you guide me? i have selected public grievance , which one should i select now ??

Grievance Pertains to Central Government Ministries/Departments, State Government Departments ,Not Known/Not Listed

Department of Telecom

Be precise. Include all connection details and issues you are facing!

done.lets wait for 1 or 2 days.i will try with local exchange too.

It could work. Depending upon how nice the people are. Basically go there and tell them that they have set you on a 2mbps profile on a 4mbps connection. Might or might not work.

When I went there, I was told that why did I need 4mbps in the first place? What could I do with 4mbps that I could not do with 2.8mbps that I was getting. #NotKidding

Best is to try to get the download stream set at around 6000kbps. They would probably set it at 4000kbps for you which would get you 2.8-3.2mbps 🙁

i don't know if they will set it to 4000 kbps or not , i don't think they will understand this LINE RATE thing.but lets just hope they understand and set it to 5000 or more.LALCH BURI BALA HAI>4000 Will Do. 😛

today i checked my stats -

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 50
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1998

yesterday upstream was around 400 kbps.why 50 today?

today i checked my stats -

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 50
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1998

yesterday upstream was around 400 kbps.why 50 today?

This is what happens upon filing a grievance or shouting too much at them. They downgrade your downstream or upstream. In my case they shamelessly downgraded downstream rate from 2047 kbps to 708 kbps and now I am suffering with poor speeds. BSNL is full of lazy and stupid people around who does more damage than making good.

SO GUYS THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT PGPORTAL WORKED THEY UPGRADED MY DOWNSTREAM BUT UPSTREAM IS STILL THE SAME

STATS -

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 493
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 3998

GETTING AROUND 3MBPS ON SPEEDTEST WAS GETTING 1.50MBPS YESTERDAY.STILL GONNA TRY TO UPGRADE DOWNSTREAM TO 5 OR 6000 KBPS.

This is what happens upon filing a grievance or shouting too much at them. They downgrade your downstream or upstream. In my case they shamelessly downgraded downstream rate from 2047 kbps to 708 kbps and now I am suffering with poor speeds. BSNL is full of lazy and stupid people around who does more damage than making good.

actually i was using bad/old line wire after i changed it to new one upstream rate increased from 50 to 493