Not broadband issue, but didn't know where else to post. Need help.

• Thread starter Thread starter tilt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,068
Hi,

This is a landline problem, not a broadband problem, but I did not find an appropriate forum. Hence I am posting here, please forgive me.

I have a BSNL land line. I have been unable to call (international) only for the 905 area code in Canada (001-905-xxx-xxxx). I am able to call any other area code in North America (USA and Canada). But whenever I call any number in the 905 area code I get a message either in Kannada or in Hindi saying that the number does not exist or to check the number I have dialled.

I have never come across or heard anything like this ever happening.

I asked some of my friends to try calling the 905 area code from their landlines, and it works perfectly - the numbers ring. Only when I call from my landline do I get this message instead of a ring tone.

Has anyone any familiarity with such a thing? Can anyone help?

Thanks and cheers

It would be difficult getting help for such a specific issue, tbh.

Update - it seems to be a problem all over my neighbourhood! i went to my bank who are also on BSNL, even they couldn't connect to the 905 area code.

Yeah, I know it's going to be impossible to explain this problem to BSNL, let alone their resolving it!

Cheers

I use BSNL mobile and sometimes they put on not reachable.

@icar it is common problem with BSNL networks. Especially mobile.

It is not a mobile phone issue, it's a landline issue like I mentioned in my original post.

Yes, I did complain to BSNL, and surprise, surprise, they repaired it within 4 hours. Apparently they did have a problem and rectified it after my complaint.

So, I am back to being a happy camper 🙂

Cheers