NetExpress: New Broadband Service in Chennai Adyar and Gandhi Nagar

• Thread starter Thread starter Kihtrak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 89,313
Here is the list of speed tests I got for a while. Now they have fixed it. But for 3 or 4 days, I got close to 20 Mbps to 36 Mbps speed. 😛leasantry: 😛leasantry: 😛leasantry: 😛leasantry:

lakksv said:
Guys, its all old story that they are good. Now they are trust less, worthless.. Its 3 months I have taken this connection and suffered a lot. I took my connection at Thiruvanmiyur Chennai and my 90 days observation.
REASONS NOT TO TAKE THIS CONNECTION
1. Sales guys provide u the best in ever story telling.
20 days guarantee period will be provided. After that even if u call for any assistance, they will not answer your call. Guess on getting details, they will store the mobile number on name, Do not attend. This is practical experience, since when my tired from my mobile they didn't pick the call, but when I called from friends mobile, they picked the call.
2. No Proper customer care support. No complaint no. tracking. Every 30mins U have to call and remind the issue. Never ever they respond properly.
3. Frequent cable/fiber cuts. Since prepaid u have no option of getting refund of your money. Their technology does not support for days increment too. Particularly net wont be available on Saturdays and Sunday.
4. Worlds ever first kind of MAC duplication. Their technical experts explanation for frequent disconnects. MAC clash happens are their router.
5. Cheating on validity. If u may subscription for 90 days, u subscription will be cheated decreased before 7 days itself. As mentioned earlier sat and sun net disconnects (12) , validity decrease (10) and fiber cuts (10). In total out of 90 day subscription 27 days net was not present. U cant claim this any where.
6. No online recharge facility. U have u fix the appointment when the collection agents instructs you. If u miss, u have to run behind him for your subscription to be paid. (Dont think that u will get it activated, he has to submit all the collected money in the office, then they will prepare a list, the list has to reach the tech team, then ur subscription will be activated.
7. Speed is ok, but not stable. U can have this viewed from torrent download graph.
8. User name clash will occur, if u don't disconnect the net properly. In case of sudden crash, and PC is restarted, u will not be able to login. Dependent on customer care (Point 1 explains the customer care functionality).
9. No grievance Cell, appellate authority to get your issues resolved.

Believing this net, I have disconnected my net from another service provider. Now they have no node to provide me.

SO DONT GET INTO TROUBLE, BY GETTING THIS CONNECTION.
Its so True, Atleast four days your internet will be down in a month and you will not get any extension for this. Actually today my internet is down and i am trying their customer care number from morning nobody is picking(Posting from my Airtel 3G) worst customer service never ever go for Netxpress.

I started using this NetExpress connection around 3 months back in metukuppam area on OMR. In starting speed was very good as promised by them. but for last 2 months connection is as bad as it can be.
Most of time it keeps disconnecting. And when it runs it gives really bad speed. I have a plan of 4Mbps but all the time d/w speed is around 0.2Mbps.
And moreover customer care is really disgusting. They will never pick ur calls. And if they do, they behave unprofessionally.
They don't have any email id to reach them. The email id customer care gives is sales@netexpress.com and when u drop a mail to this email id, it will fail.
So If you are planning to go for this connection, just think twice.

Netxpress - The worst broadband service in Chennai. Broadband can never ever ever get worse than this.
This is an email I sent out the person in charge at Netxpress - I decided to remove names of individuals for privacy reasons. The most important thing here is to highlight the pathetic and unprofessional service provided by this so called broadband service referred to as netxpress so that others become aware.

This email below is addressed to the person whom I understand is the supervisor/manager of Netxpress Boradband service in Chennai.
Anyone from Netxpress who reads this message, I hope forwards this to the right person.

Hello,
I have been using your service ( should i add ...sustaining a painful experience resulting in humongous levels of frustration ) for the past few months. After reading this email, if you feel that you would like to speak to me you can look up my contact information from your customer profile database ( that is if you have one). Being your customer I hope you would extend atleast that much courtesy. If not, i would still totally understand your predicament.

Take a look at the attached screen shot. That is what speedtest.net reports as of 11.17 pm on the 8th Of Aug 2013. You will observe that my current download speed 1.35 Mbps. Looking at my subscription information, you would also come to know that I have subscribed to a 8Mbps connection.
I will appreciate if you could kindly let me know the following.

1) How do you think it is fair on your part to provide such low speeds having charged me for a 8Mpbs connection ?
2) Do you do this for all 8Mbps customers or is it area specific ? In other words. do you take your customers for a total ride across all areas you provide service ? It would be interesting to know.
3) Do you atleast have an explanation as to why the speed is so low ? Or Do you not really give a damn ???
4) Do you understand the definition of customer service and what it means to sustain a customer ?

I am specifically curious about this question because your "so called" customer care personnel do not have any idea as to what the hell is going on and what to respond to people like me who have paid ahead of time to avail your service and have to go through this sheer nonsense.

For the past few weeks,* I have been trying so hard to get in touch with someone responsible at your end who could give me a reasonable response for the issues. It has always been evident, that your customer care/service personnel are actually a bunch of helpless people who have to be pitied for being put in such a miserable situation. After all what can they do when their supervisors are actually to blame for the problem but use them as means to transmit their useless responses to the customer so that they can happily hide under the table.
Atleast after reading this email I hope you will take a look at the pathetic situation your customers are in and see what requires to be done. For starters, improve the quality of your customer care and give your customers proper responses when they run into problems

[Update]
Over the last few days i have been experiencing frequent disconnects. There are times when their server is down most of the time and I do not even get an IP address allocated. I keep trying their customer care and nobody picks up. Even if somebody does pick up ( after 100s of attemps) , they have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say and are totally blank..
I somehow got hold of the number of this person who is in charge to complain about how unreliable the service was. I told him that it was so difficult to even reach the customer care and that is why I was calling him. This person had the audacity to say that I should call the customer care only and slammed down the phone hard. How arrogant these people can be. On one hand the service is so pathetic and on the other hand the customers after having paid are having to deal with their arrogance.

Kihtrak said:
Its so True, Atleast four days your internet will be down in a month and you will not get any extension for this. Actually today my internet is down and i am trying their customer care number from morning nobody is picking(Posting from my Airtel 3G) worst customer service never ever go for Netxpress.
Yes, I agree to this, Kihtrak is lucky to have disconnection only for 4 days in a month, for me 4 days in a week and every day 2-8 hrs, only god know when it will work! Please do not take this connection and waste your money. Only the plan is attractive but the service is very poor. Please google and check in other forums, you will know the service quality.

Ok So I have used this Connection for 3 months now, started of with a 4 mbps connection and ended up opting for 2 mbps for the next 2 months.
Initially the speeds where ok, but I rarely go the promised the 4 mbps in the first month, it rarely crossed the 2.5 mbps mark.
So I opted for 2mbps plan.
The trouble started from the 2nd month, there were frequest disconnections, and the internet would disconnect every 10 mins and will be back in a few mins.
This is particularly irritating for me because , I usually play online multiplayer games. Next the speeds would go down to a snail's pace during peak hours and week ends and you would only get promised speeds during late nights and early mornings.

Recently I faced line disconnection for 3 days in a row and since it is a pre-paid connection, I have no way of getting my money back.
As the others said before me, the payment system and their so called customer care is useless.
Please stay away from this ISP , you are better off with Airtel or BSNL.

Using Net Express from 1st October.
Performance - Good (7/10)
Download - Average (5/10)
Browsing - Excellent (10/10)
I am using 2 mbps and i am getting around 1.8 to 2.1 mbps all the time. The torrents arent downloading well, but still i downloaded more than 100 gb of Movies.
Cons:
If disconnects, we have to connect again manually.

It is a very very worst service. never go for net express even though it is the only option in your locality.
I got connect a month ago and it worked only 10 days and there is not proper customer service.
[color=#ff0000;]Never never never go for this. 😛issed-off:[/color]

I stay in Chennai and am using Net Express since the beginning of 2013. The Net Express folks installed an UPS, Modem, OFC coupler/converter, router etc in my home (they call this setup as 'Master') since i was the first one to take this connection from my locality. They pay me rent for the 'Master' setup.
Speed:
I took 2Mbps speed as there were some offerings while taking up the connection but I never felt the speed as it claimed to be -- i had Airtel 2Mbps BB before and also experienced Beam broadband (786Kbps as well as 1Mbps) at Hyderabad -- so i was disappointed totally. Youtube streaming was so pathetic, download of 700Mb will take more than 2 to 3 hrs, loading flicker images, FB photos/videos will experiment your patients. At one point i decided to terminate this connection and go for BSNL BB, unfortunately they couldn't provide saying they exceeded some connection limit blah blah..and i didn't wanna go back to Airtel for one reason my personal ego and too costly, GSM signal strength used to be one or 2 points and no signals inside bedroom or dining hall hence i had no other options other than continuing Net Express. But, i switched from 2 Mbps to 1Mbps. Am not finding much difference between 2 Mbps and 1Mbps speed.
Outage:
You can always "anticipate" connection outage that too unannounced. No one will attend call at the customer care esp. after evening 6 O'Clk. You can't rely on the connectivity for that matter. You can't take office calls from home thinking you have internet connection home or if you want to opt for work from home; Man, you better don't rely on the connection. Sometimes connection resumes back in say 10 min/30 min but sometimes more than 2 hrs/3hrs and the whole night.
Cost
Cheap so the service too.
Payment:
There are no online payment mode. You will get call from customer care to pay bill just before the connection getting expired. The collection guy comes after you left home to office or before you back home from office.
[color=#ff0000;]========================================================================================================================================[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]Important !!![/color]​
[color=#ff0000;]========================================================================================================================================[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]These days am unable to do tatkal booking after IRCTC implemented a feature called "only 2 tickets between 10 to 12 per IP address". I faced it several times and got annoyed. I believe, the Net Express guys using single IP shared between multiple users, then where comes privacy and security here!!! Have complained couple of times but no reaction from their side.[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]Is this legal to share single IP to multiple users according to cyber law?? can anyone shed light on this??[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]=====================================================================================================================================[/color]
I am looking forward the Beam Tele to come Chennai to give tight competition without compromising the service and quality connection.

Manzoor80s said:
I am looking forward the Beam Tele to come Chennai to give tight competition without compromising the service and quality connection.
Beam is a part of ACT & ACT has already launched their services in a few areas of Chennai.

Manzoor80s said:
I stay in Chennai and am using Net Express since the beginning of 2013. The Net Express folks installed an UPS, Modem, OFC coupler/converter, router etc in my home (they call this setup as 'Master') since i was the first one to take this connection from my locality. They pay me rent for the 'Master' setup.
Speed:
I took 2Mbps speed as there were some offerings while taking up the connection but I never felt the speed as it claimed to be -- i had Airtel 2Mbps BB before and also experienced Beam broadband (786Kbps as well as 1Mbps) at Hyderabad -- so i was disappointed totally. Youtube streaming was so pathetic, download of 700Mb will take more than 2 to 3 hrs, loading flicker images, FB photos/videos will experiment your patients. At one point i decided to terminate this connection and go for BSNL BB, unfortunately they couldn't provide saying they exceeded some connection limit blah blah..and i didn't wanna go back to Airtel for one reason my personal ego and too costly, GSM signal strength used to be one or 2 points and no signals inside bedroom or dining hall hence i had no other options other than continuing Net Express. But, i switched from 2 Mbps to 1Mbps. Am not finding much difference between 2 Mbps and 1Mbps speed.
Outage:
You can always "anticipate" connection outage that too unannounced. No one will attend call at the customer care esp. after evening 6 O'Clk. You can't rely on the connectivity for that matter. You can't take office calls from home thinking you have internet connection home or if you want to opt for work from home; Man, you better don't rely on the connection. Sometimes connection resumes back in say 10 min/30 min but sometimes more than 2 hrs/3hrs and the whole night.
Cost
Cheap so the service too.
Payment:
There are no online payment mode. You will get call from customer care to pay bill just before the connection getting expired. The collection guy comes after you left home to office or before you back home from office.
[color=#ff0000;]Important !!![/color]​
[color=#ff0000;]These days am unable to do tatkal booking after IRCTC implemented a feature called "only 2 tickets between 10 to 12 per IP address". I faced it several times and got annoyed. I believe, the Net Express guys using single IP shared between multiple users, then where comes privacy and security here!!! Have complained couple of times but no reaction from their side.[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]Is this legal to share single IP to multiple users according to cyber law?? can anyone shed light on this??[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]=====================================================================================================================================[/color]
Shared IP is very common (esp with 3G connections, small ISPs) and it's not illegal! It of course has not much with security.
ACT has launched fiber in Chennai, lots of places. But plans seem to suck. Post FUP is pathetic! 512kbps on fiber? I can't accept that. I need atleast 2 mbps.

Hi All,
I have been using their services for the past 7 months. The speed is definitely good and all is good until there is an issue. I have 2 issues till date and the service response is pathetic. The worst scenario is I have not been able to get in touch with the customer service team for the past 1.5 months. My internet connectivity went down in December and I have been trying to reach the customer care and believe me - NO 1 ANSWERS THE PHONE. I later got a call from their payment collection team for reminding me that my account is nearing expiry on 27th Jan. When I raised this issue with them, they asked to write to their customer support email id: cs@netxpress.in and the funniest part is I haven't got a reply yet (even after sending a reminder mail)
How good is speed when you are not able to use it. I would not recommend this service to anybody, except if you are going to use internet only for downloads and if you are not really concerned about the down time of internet.
You can write back to me for any clarifications on my experience with Netxpress
Cheers,
Manish
benman87 said:
Hi All,
I have been using their services for the past 7 months. The speed is definitely good and all is good until there is an issue. I have 2 issues till date and the service response is pathetic. The worst scenario is I have not been able to get in touch with the customer service team for the past 1.5 months. My internet connectivity went down in December and I have been trying to reach the customer care and believe me - NO 1 ANSWERS THE PHONE. I later got a call from their payment collection team for reminding me that my account is nearing expiry on 27th Jan. When I raised this issue with them, they asked to write to their customer support email id: cs@netxpress.in and the funniest part is I haven't got a reply yet (even after sending a reminder mail)
How good is speed when you are not able to use it. I would not recommend this service to anybody, except if you are going to use internet only for downloads and if you are not really concerned about the down time of internet.
You can write back to me for any clarifications on my experience with Netxpress
Cheers,
Manish
Wow. I just read from another forum that they save the customers no and do not attend calls, I tried from my mobile at 3:40 and they didn't pick my call and I tried from my office land line and they immediately attended the call. What does this prove.
Worst part is the so called Manager - Mr. Suriyah has undergone the best training to live without shame, as he answered without shame that I cannot get a refund for my service. I will be taking this up legally. Let's hope our legal system comes to our rescue.
Cheers,
Manish

uberjon said:
Beam is a part of ACT & ACT has already launched their services in a few areas of Chennai.
Thanks for the info. But ACT don't have package like the one they offer in Bangalore...i don't need 15M speed.

hey guys im living in shollingnallur i used mts data card for internet they gave 20 gb unlimited for 999/- i was not happy with limited fups,one day i went to my frnds house in adayar he used net express the speed was gud and i asked him about the fup he said the connection doesn't have fup then i asked for the no of the sales guy he gave me the no:7299987818,i called them they came the same day and gave me the bill and went he said they will install it in 3 days but they came the next day and installed at 5:30pm the next day only i got the user name and password from the broadband operator,it cost 2,183 rs for me they gave an old modem which is functioning well some times the net gets disconnected max 2hrs if u call coustermer care the dont reply properly so contact the one who installed the net they give any first three months freee 1 mbps internet.however yestarday there was a heavy rain in chennai but the insternet was still stable.....so go for net express its gud only 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful: