1. Please change your bookmarks from https to http. Also clear up your HSTS!
  2. Please ensure you have read this document.

Need help configure D-Link DSL-2750U to work with MTNL, Mumbai

Discussion in 'MTNL Broadband' started by koolpal, Sep 9, 2012.

1. koolpal Newbie

Hi all,I'm using MTNL, Mumbai ADSL connection. I recently purchased the D-Link DSL-2750U router and thought setup would be easy. :banghead: No such luck. I also have a ZyXel router which is working fine with the same MTNL connection. (I'm currently using ZyXel to access this forum)I saw a website which had a guide for 2730U setup for MTNL. When i followed the steps I'm unable to get internet on this D-Link 2750U router. I always end up with a RED light on the internet symbol on the router. Can someone PLEASE guide me with steps to get internet active on this router? I would really appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

1 person likes this.

2. kreacher10 Guest

3. koolpal Newbie

If I am not mistaken this is a modem cum wifi router, so you will have to connect the tel wire to this unit . Have you checked ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf. Just remember that VPI = 0 & VCI = 32 for MTNL

Thanks kreacher10, I have done that plus input phone number & CA number, etc..

No luck.

Can anyone using this router with MTNL Mumbai guide me with each & every field level setting?

Even screenshots would do.

Thanks a ton.

4. x720 Incoherent Poster Regulars

Post screenshots of the setup page and I'll post the values.

5. kreacher10 Guest

I would suggest you reset the unit to factory settings then try again, its possible that some changes made in a previous attempt is causing a problem now :)

6. koolpal Newbie

Hi kreacher10,Thanks I did this reset thing a couple of times already. No go. x720: Will post screenshots. I hope someone who has the same router with MTNL Mumbai can help me.Thanks for pitching in guys. Really appreciate this.

7. mvaidya Newbie

Hello All, I'm facing the same issue...same router with MTNL Mumbai. Does anyone have any solution?

8. x720 Incoherent Poster Regulars

Well, you could begin by posting the values you've entered into the modem.

9. xyx2000 Regulars Regulars

Hi all,

I'm using MTNL, Mumbai ADSL connection.

I recently purchased the D-Link DSL-2750U router and thought setup would be easy. :banghead: No such luck.

I also have a ZyXel router which is working fine with the same MTNL connection. (I'm currently using ZyXel to access this forum)

I saw a website which had a guide for 2730U setup for MTNL. When i followed the steps I'm unable to get internet on this D-Link 2750U router.

I always end up with a RED light on the internet symbol on the router.

Can someone PLEASE guide me with steps to get internet active on this router?

I would really appreciate this.

Thanks a lot.

You should use the installation cd & follow the instructions

10. koolpal Newbie

Thanks xyx2000! I did that and finally had managed to get this router to work. It was just in time though, coz after that my ZyXel stopped working!!! :)