• Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,043

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
The first one was Big Swing Honda on the Sohna Road. The guy was continuously on the phone while talking to me. Probably WhatsApping. Converstaion...

Active 125 ki test ride leni hai.
Nahi hai.
Aviator ki test ride kara do pher.
Nahi hai.
Unicorn?
Nahi hai.
Hai kya?
Continued staring on his phone.
Aapko bechna nahi hai to showroom q khol rakha hai?

Went to Suzuki store on the other side of the road. Test drove Access and Gixxer. Access was alright. A bit small for me. But usable. Gixxer was fun to drive.

Then decided to went to another Honda dealership (Ganpati Honda) in Sector 14. Since it was Sunday evening, there was huge rush. No one had enough time to listen to my queries. Aviator test drive was not available. Test ride queue for Activa was so long that we decided to came back.

Would probably check out Jupiter at TVS this week and decide what to do...

I am very tempted to buy Gixxer but I am guessing it would be a waste of money as the FZ was...

Last edited:
This is the condition of every Honda showroom in India. Just hint them that you're ready to pay more and they'll have stock of every bikes.

Same happened with me when I went to look for 2 wheeler at Honda showroom. They had no bikes for test ride for Activa and Shine.
May be huge demand had brought lots of arrogance for their staff.

Can confirm. Basically they don't have any test ride vehicles since some activa models themselves have 3 months waiting period. They know people gonna buy them with or without test rides.

However Suzuki guys were more than willing to lend me one gixxer to test ride it.

Apache is great bike no doubt but the vibration on this bike are painfully killing on all variants 160/180 especially for the new owners. More especially for someone coming from a yamaha owner since yamaha has the most refined vibes free engine among all manufactures.

Have an apache 180abs 2013 model and it took sometime to get used to the vibration of the bike and hands used to literally pain in the beginning for initial 2-3weeks before getting used to. Rest its a freaking great vfm bike.

Ps- Gixxer seems to be the best option to me, have test ride it and seemed like good refined overall bike.

so which one you bought ?

its been 1 month I started working in NCR,
Office in Noida and residence in Gzb, for 10KM run one way, I have to face 1.5 hours of jam in NH24, as shahberi road is closed for construction.

The alternate route which goes from shahvery village is best suited for Dirt Bikes, my car is having hard time in that shortcut route.

I went to many showrooms in last 7 days
Honda one in Gzb was very polite but I was in hurry couldn't ask for test drive, I was looking for Activa 3G or Shine

Next visit was TVS showrooom in Sector 58 Noida, had same confusion, Jupiter or a bike ???

wife has not driven any vehicle for last 10 years (she has me a caring hubby ) so buying a scooter is not compulsory for me as most people advice
if your wife wants she can use Activa/Jupiter.

Then i was not able to locate Hero Showroom in Noida sector 58, jam and all made me skip it and rush back to office.
had talks with Hero showroom GZB was looking for Passion Pro or New Splendor Pro 2015, yet to see it in action.
I had splendor till 2005, it was ok, but i was a fast driver back then, did all trips on its full speed mostly thats a different and funny story.

Can some one please shed some light ?

if bike which one ?
if Scooter which one ? (Don't want a snail speed one)

Lastly site like bikewale.com are most un-reliable place to look for pricing, most 2-wheelers are way too above the price they show
you on the site, and almost every showroom will rip you with 2000-3000 on head of accessories which are not even 1000 in outside market.

might decide and buy on sunday itself.

chromaniac
You can take test ride in Noida.
I previously owned Yamaha bike, have honda now.
Yamaha is better than Honda.
But Yamaha service center is pathetic in Noida.
Honda service center is pretty good and bike needs very less maintanence, our handling also plays a part.

I would say go for Honda but do check after sales service of your service center.
I can accompany you if you plan to take test ride in Noida.
Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, TVS all are at same location.
Bajaj showroom is at different location.

You come to Noida from DND and go straight till you reach Sector - 10 on left side. There you have 4 showrooms Hero, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, TVS. I would suggest to go on weekdays after lunch.

Last edited:
thanks,
for Activa type thing, I am not at all comfortable, at-least at the moment about brake in hand.
secondly if you see traffic in NH-24, you cannot zooom on a activa but on a bike you can find a way and slide thru

I don't feel confident about Automatic scooters, however in my home-town, I rode vespa-Select last 6 years, but didn't brought it here as it was
1996 model. Works good but it cannot be driven in NCR.

for Yamaha I think saluto is what would fit in budget but in same range Shine would better shine.

if I am not buying a bike today, I will meet you in Noida, I am at 65 except sundays.
for meeting you would need to be my navigator or send me your GPS via whatsapp,else i would reach delhi or even punjab with my driving skills 🙂

sending you my phone number on PM.