1. Please change your bookmarks from https to http. Also clear up your HSTS!
  2. Please ensure you have read this document.

MTNL FTTH In Mumbai

Discussion in 'MTNL FTTH Fibre Network' started by joels, Aug 18, 2012.

1. joels Newbie

Does anyone know where in mumbai is the mtnl FTTH available? and the tariff for the same?

2. x720 Incoherent Poster Regulars

Cant seem to find any info on the website. All pages referring to ftth turn up as 404s

3. joels Newbie

I've mailed them and called also but still there is no reply from their side as of..i think they have withdrawn the plans well fingers crossed hoping for the best...

4. socrates Retired Regulars

There is nothing on their website, questions about it asked on FB get ignored & checking out with senior staff at Prabhadevi get replies that its currently given only to 'BIG' customers read businesses who need the bandwidth & are willing to pay for it. I was told 'couple of lakhs' examples given were some travel agencies in that area. The then MD in 2008 had said they would start laying fiber cable to housing societies starting Dec 2009 but I have not seen any action on that front.

5. ace_neo Regular Regulars

I think MTNL do not have funds to deploy FTTH right now and looking at exorbitant price of plans. They will currently offer to small to medium business as big corporates wont take service from MTNL. Future is bleak right now. In Mumbai, I think wireless broadband will sustain as to have backbone of fiber to large scale customers. Eagerly waiting for Reliance Infotel 4G launch in Mumbai. Definitely need broadband revolution to take place. :)

6. panzer008 Member Regulars

I searched MTNL Mumbai site for the link:

FTTH

7. kreacher10 Guest

8. kreacher10 Guest

Looks like a page developed but not integrated properly with the site as FTTH is probably not ready to be implemented yet. They are still trying to milk FTTH. :mad::eek::rofl:

9. panzer008 Member Regulars

Atleast they r offering 10Mbps speeds...... I thought 2 or 4 Mbps looking at launch news........ Anyways it will probably take long time to get implemented in western suburbs..... I am on UL 1333 atm...... so if they hav a plan costing Rs.1500 10Mbps with 100GB FUP, I will probably go for it.....

10. kreacher10 Guest

Afaik it was launched some time last year. There were some reports then it died down (as usual)