How to reset UTStarcom WA3002G4 router?

Discussion in 'BSNL Broadband' started by Gamik, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Gamik Newbie

Hello, How does one reset the UTStarcom WA3002G4 router in case of forgotten admin password? There is no visible reset pinhole. The CD accompanying this router has manuals for other routers but not this one! - G. Amik

2. Gamik Newbie

Oh, I found it.

The reset pinhole is at the bottom of the router, near the front-right leg. Easy to miss with the grid of ventilation holes that covers the entire bottom.

G.A.

3. harsha0626 Newbie

on the backside of the modem there are some holes(square shape), one hole will be a round one. this is a reset button. press this reset button properly or else the may may ask for upgraded software. for details mail me at harsha.n.prabhu@gmail.com

4. srinirao Linuxpert

@GamikDid you get any usermanual along with your router. I do also have same UTStarcom router. But they gave me only two page manual. Is it sufficient ?

5. Gamik Newbie

@Gamik

Did you get any usermanual along with your router. I do also have same UTStarcom router. But they gave me only two page manual. Is it sufficient ?

I also got the same 2-page sheet. But on the Cd that came with the router, there are manuals for several other routers. It seems to be a generic BSNL CD which has not been updated for this new router, at least as far as the manual is concerned.

6. essbebe MODERATOR

7. munuganti Newbie

Why reset is required?

8. superprash2003 Regulars

incase you screw up your router settings and you cannot access it again.. its like formatting your pc

9. munuganti Newbie

Thanks for the info.Pls let me know regarding normal range of the wireless LAN router and how much long the network cable can be from the router/modem.

10. essbebe MODERATOR

How many computers you intend to use including Laptopand the distance from desktop/ modem/router location .