How to configure D-Link DSL-2750U on Reliance Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter hash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 49,218
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the ping to google & its services is bit high for some unknown reason, so keeping dns to Google public dns would mean slower browsing experience.
Rest it should be set to automatically acquire DNS from WAN. Try to select the first option of the printscreen you shared. Also try to dissable ivp6 if available.

You are right about Google DNS, it does seems to be slow and problematic, which is why I have been using Level3 DNS.

Automatic DNS is not working. Systems are not getting connected to internet. So selecting Automatic DNS wont work in my case.Please let me know which are the level3 DNSAlso i got a utstar modem and its fine with that router. So its a firmware bug with D-Link (which they will never accept though 😉 )

I read somewhere that I have to map, MAC address of my D-Link 2750u modem with reliance server and for that we have to call reliance CC. I discussed with technical team in Reliance CC, but they are unable to provide such information or help in this matter.
@ Kuttoosan
Can you provide me ur contact number or mail id so i can contact you for my issue.

If it is working by directly connecting to your pc, then why dont you copy you're pc's mac address?

adonis.warrior said:
I read somewhere that I have to map, MAC address of my D-Link 2750u modem with reliance server and for that we have to call reliance CC. I discussed with technical team in Reliance CC, but they are unable to provide such information or help in this matter.
@ Kuttoosan
Can you provide me ur contact number or mail id so i can contact you for my issue.
nothing like that :nono: ... just set it to a "clone mac address" so that all the traffic flowing from the router appears to be running on a single system. Set any MAC address but don't forget to tick the clone mac add option ! Good luck !!

Hi All,
After 2 days of research, Finally D-Link 2750U is working with Reliance Broadband (LAN as well as WiFi).
Here is the thing which you guys need to perform for setting up the router:
1. Plug-in the DSL cable, Power cable and LAN cable to Router which is pretty much simple.
2. wait till DSL's light is stable..
3. Open the browser and open the homepage of Router which is http://192.168.1.1
4. At the left panel, click on Internet setup and Select the protocol as MER
5. Set VPI=0 and VCI=35
6 Make IP address as Automatically which would disable all other text boxes.
7. Click on Apply
8. Go to Advance label and select DNS from the left handside panel.
9. Enter the DNS value for Primary: 124.124.5.140 and Secondary : 124.124.5.141 and this value should be set for the PVC/0:35 only which would be selected as by-default. and click on Apply
10. Now open the reliance broadband connections home page and enter the User ID and Password.
11. Bingo!!! Internet is working now...
For Wireless:
1. Click on Advance tab and open the Wireless --> Basic and set the name of your SSID (Might be your Name)
2. Go to Wireless --> Security and Select "Auto WPA or WPA2" and set the key of 8 characters
3. Wow!! you are done...
Let me know if you are not able to set up after following above steps.

Hello,
I tried above steps, but my internet is not working,
can you please explain below steps clearly
4. At the left panel, click on Internet setup and Select the protocol as MER
6 Make IP address as Automatically which would disable all other text boxes.

I did not find MER in D-Link settings.
please explain above procedure by snapshots, it will help me lot
waiting for your replay
Thanks

Hi Anky
Followed your steps and it worked really well !! Thanks a lot . But just one thing is still bothering ........... I have to enter the primary and secondary DNS each time the modem is restarted. Do you experience this problem ?
with regards
Anoop

So my friend got this model instead of the ones I recommended him. This one is a modem plus wireless router so I have no idea what to do with it. Help?

How do I use it plainly as a wireless router? Can I use it as a modem as well on Reliance? I have the device with me at my place and I have a Reliance line. So I would configure it for my own connection which should then work at his place.

Halp!

I am not able to access the router after connecting reliance to it. I have changed the router address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1. 😕

Lol, I had the same router when I first transitioned to Reliance from Airtel. Gave me nothing but headaches. Could not get the modem part to work with Reliance AT ALL (until somebody got it to work a year later 😛). So I configured it for WiFi only. Could never get my (or any) phone to connect to it, no matter what I did. Laptop connected fine, though. Got tired, used Reliance's bundled modem and got me a Netgear router for WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.