How many Airtel 3G 9 rupee packs can you activate in 1 day?

• Thread starter Thread starter gunturboy26
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 76,134
mreccentric said:
I got a message saying that my number is 3G activated, after that when i again sent a 3g to 121, it showed/smsed me the plans. Even after activating 3g (no plan) i got only normal 2g speed. I get only normal 2g speeds when no plan is active. i dont have a data card. one thing, is that because i 'rooted' and 'unrooted' my android? Should i use internet on computer or smartphone? When under 3G Pack (to work).
So you are not activating 3G by sms. Why dont you try that, maybe it would work.
Send 3G to 121 and follow the steps.

mreccentric said:
I got a message saying that my number is 3G activated, after that when i again sent a 3g to 121, it showed/smsed me the plans. Even after activating 3g (no plan) i got only normal 2g speed. I get only normal 2g speeds when no plan is active. i dont have a data card. one thing, is that because i 'rooted' and 'unrooted' my android? Should i use internet on computer or smartphone? When under 3G Pack (to work).
Ok, so you have sent the 3G message to 121.
But activating 3G on phone and activating a plan are different. You said even after 3G no plan, you got normal 2G speed, so you did not activate a 3G plan?

gunturboy26 said:
Ok, so you have sent the 3G message to 121.
But activating 3G on phone and activating a plan are different. You said even after 3G no plan, you got normal 2G speed, so you did not activate a 3G plan?
Yes, but if keep moving to the previous posts you'll understand the problem. I had activated the plan, but it did not get activated. But, since i activated 3G, i should get 3G speeds even with no plan (zero rental plan).

mreccentric said:
Yes, but if keep moving to the previous posts you'll understand the problem. I had activated the plan, but it did not get activated. But, since i activated 3G, i should get 3G speeds even with no plan (zero rental plan).
Ok, read them.
So you activated a 9 rupees pack and you got confirmation sms that your pack has been activated?
Does zero rental plan mean, you pay as you use, that plan?
I don't use phone for connecting, so i think i cannot understand your problem completely.

gunturboy26 said:
Ok, read them.
So you activated a 9 rupees pack and you got confirmation sms that your pack has been activated?
Does zero rental plan mean, you pay as you use, that plan?
I don't use phone for connecting, so i think i cannot understand your problem completely.
Exactly, Zero rental means Pay as you use Plan 3ps / 10 KB . Anyway, Airtel couldn't solve the problem. I also dont know why pay as you use plan is not activated.

mreccentric said:
Exactly, Zero rental means Pay as you use Plan 3ps / 10 KB . Anyway, Airtel couldn't solve the problem. I also dont know why pay as you use plan is not activated.
So 9 rupees plan worked for you? only this pay as you use is not working.

gunturboy26 said:
So 9 rupees plan worked for you? only this pay as you use is not working.
both aren't working. infact i'm not even getting 2g speeds. 7KBps is par below 2G speed. #Airtel

Rs16.5 for one speedtest. But, happy that i'm getting 3G Speed Now, it reaches nearly 200KBps. 😉

YES, i want to know one thing. when i activate 9RS plan through SMS, how to start using it? Will it start activited as soon as i get confirmation message? Or is there any way to activate it after the message?
Also tell how to deactivate the plan when i dont require.

mreccentric said:
YES, i want to know one thing. when i activate 9RS plan through SMS, how to start using it? Will it start activited as soon as i get confirmation message? Or is there any way to activate it after the message?
Also tell how to deactivate the plan when i dont require.
I have activated a 9 pack at 6AM, and i got the confirmation message that 9 rs 30 mins plan is successfully activated, but i am yet to use it.
I can use it for 30 mins before midnight 12AM. So i just remove the sim from mobile and put it in data card and the s/w gets opened and 3G is shown. I use it for 30 mins and disconnect.
Then again, i do the same process of sending 3G to 121, then it says 3G is already active, if you want to change plan or stop 3G, send 1, send 2 etc. Then you send the corresponding digit to 121 and it is over.
Then start activating another pack again, same story.
But this is for data card.

gunturboy26 said:
I have activated a 9 pack at 6AM, and i got the confirmation message that 9 rs 30 mins plan is successfully activated, but i am yet to use it.
I can use it for 30 mins before midnight 12AM. So i just remove the sim from mobile and put it in data card and the s/w gets opened and 3G is shown. I use it for 30 mins and disconnect.
Then again, i do the same process of sending 3G to 121, then it says 3G is already active, if you want to change plan or stop 3G, send 1, send 2 etc. Then you send the corresponding digit to 121 and it is over.
Then start activating another pack again, same story.
But this is for data card.
Consider this, i'll send a message '3G' to 121. And i receive a confirmation SMS. My data will always be active in my mobile, i.e., Apps might use Internet (Data Connection on Mobile will be active). So, even if i dont voluntarily use Internet, that 30min pack might already being used by mobile. Right?
Again, Whats the way to deactivate after 30min? If i continue using, then i have to pay 3RS/min or 3p/10KB. Right?
Isn't stoping 3G mean going to 2G speeds?

mreccentric said:
Consider this, i'll send a message '3G' to 121. And i receive a confirmation SMS. My data will always be active in my mobile, i.e., Apps might use Internet (Data Connection on Mobile will be active). So, even if i dont voluntarily use Internet, that 30min pack might already being used by mobile. Right?
Again, Whats the way to deactivate after 30min? If i continue using, then i have to pay 3RS/min or 3p/10KB. Right?
Isn't stoping 3G mean going to 2G speeds?
Yes, if your apps are running which require internet, you are using internet. So this 9 rupee plan is not for you. This is for those who want to download some 500MB and disconnect.
I have used full 30 mins only yesterday, i used to disconnect in the last minute before, yesterday i wanted to know what happens.
And it just got disconnected by itself after 30 mins. So, no fear of losing balance.

2G speed in 3G for 2nd 9 pack
1st 9 pack activated yesterday morning but used at 11pm at night. Used it for full 30 mins. Then activated 2nd 9 pack, to my surprise it got activated but i got 2G speed, i got only 15KBPS max. And as usual got sms from airtel that i have used so and so allotted amount.
Signal was 3G, but got only 2G. So disconnected, will check again after some time. So, looks like we should not acticated 2nd 9 pack immediately.

@GunturBoy
How can i activate more than 1 pack everyday? should i deactivate before each time? how to do that?