How can i share my photon+ connection through my wifi modem ??

Discussion in 'Tata Indicom Photon Plus' started by anubhav11, May 20, 2011.

1. anubhav11

anubhav11 Regular
    Regulars

I want to surf net using photon+ on my phone and my laptop

2. anubhav11

anubhav11 Regular
    Regulars

anyone????/

3. iChaitanya

iChaitanya Well-Known Member
    Regulars

It's possible. Get a WiFi router with a USB port. I've seen this kind of functionality in some routers.

4. Babhishek

Babhishek Regular

Just get a 3G routerHave been doing this for ages now

5. meetdilip

meetdilip Computer Addict
    Regulars

Simple,1. Use Photon Plus in your laptop,2. Install " Connectify " on your laptop and make it a WiFi hot spot,3. Buy a USB WiFi adapter for your desktop (costs Rs. 900 on ebay), use it on desktop to connect to your hot spot.or else buy a 3G router which support Photon plus.Hope this helps.

6. swat

swat Newbie

i have downloaded connectivity and able to make my laptop as hotspot but when in this case internet connectivity goes even for my laptop it converts to Local connection only. Don;t know something wrong with my settings or what...can u pls help

----------

After making hotspot inter connection goes away and it becomes only local connection. Pls help

7. slash84

slash84 Tech Dude

I have an Asus RT-n13u wireless router which i got for around 2.6k which has a USB port for plugging in Data Dongles like Photon and USB HDDs. Just setup the credentials in the Asus software and you are ready to spread your Photon goodness wirelessly.

8. shalini_mahajan

I have an Asus RT-n13u wireless router which i got for around 2.6k which has a USB port for plugging in Data Dongles like Photon and USB HDDs. Just setup the credentials in the Asus software and you are ready to spread your Photon goodness wirelessly.

@slash84 - Can you please throw some more light on this setup.I also have Asus RT - N13u Rev B1 router , but whenever i am trying to connect the same with my tata photon usb dongle (Huwaei EC152 supported model) , its giving me the following error :-

ASUS RT-N13U don't get the IP address yet or See system log