Honesty net solution youtube peering

• Thread starter Thread starter Pranav199
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,095
ISP
1&1 broadband/ HNS
I got 1 Mbps unlimited 1000rs per month connection 4 months back through a lco who provides hns service. For the first two months my YouTube and other CDN speeds were fine (7-8 MB/s) and 130-150 KB/s for other downloads. But from last month my YouTube or other download speeds on origin, steam etc don't go above 600 KB/s. I asked my lco about it but he said that these speeds are offered by company and we cant do anything about it. If the speeds are reduced by company then even friends who have hns connections should be affected but their speeds are just fine. Please suggest a solution so i can get full benefit of what i pay.

Thank you

Are you connecting with a wifi router ? Because i have old iball wifi router and if i use it then my download speed is limited to 2MBps only and don't go above it , but when i connect to direct LAN cable then i get full speed . I will try downloading something from origin and let you know if i get speed.

Are you connecting with a wifi router ? Because i have old iball wifi router and if i use it then my download speed is limited to 2MBps only and don't go above it , but when i connect to direct LAN cable then i get full speed . I will try downloading something from origin and let you know if i get speed.
I have a wifi router but my pc is connected to it with lan cable. I have tried direct connection but it gave the same result. Also, i have this router from the beginning and i used to get high speeds on it as stated above.

I tried downloading on origin and i am getting 1.8 MBps due to router . I think download speed is fine for me . Maybe just a bad day / time

I tried downloading on origin and i am getting 1.8 MBps due to router . I think download speed is fine for me . Maybe just a bad day / time
1.8 is decent speed! My max speed on origin was 20MB/s and now i am stuck on 600 KBps 🙁
what is your plan?

earlier it was 1mbps unlimited annual . now it is 2mbps annual