HDFC Bank NetSafe is finally online again

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 421
  • Views Views 98,774
Just wait for a few years... Open Sans and Droid Sans would be everywhere and you would start hating it 😉

You dont have to generate a VCC in icici , they will give you a VCC no , you will have to refill & use the same no
vasukinv said:
I went to a city where my HDFC Bank account exists and opened an ICICI Bank account (for 2k) along with an FD of 20k. The guy said it would take 4 days for the FD to be processed and then 7 days for the Credit Card against it to be activated. I just need it to be ready by the end of the month to pay for my e-commerce hosting service though.
A question: Now the ICICI Bank NetBanking is working fine; can I generate a VCC on ICICI Bank with my Debit Card number, or should I wait till my Credit Card to be activated and then generate one with it?
Btw, the font DroidSans used in this forum is very nice. [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Consolas, 'Lucida Console', monospace;font-size:12px;] 😛leasantry:[/color]

I needed HDFC Netsafe for renewing domain and webhosting.
I talked to HDFC Bank 2 times. First a lady told me that I have to change my security information, then she told me to wait till evening. As expected nothing happened. Then next day I found a guy on HDFC support and he thinks that they have given the work to some other company who is updating the Netsafe service. They have no estimate of how much time it would take.
After 2 whole days of tension, I started finding alternatives for webhosting. I found that GoDaddy and BigRock both support Netbanking and Debit Cards for all Indian banks. So if any of you have to renew domain name or webhosting, you can move to them. Godaddy supports payment even by cheque.

vasukinv said:
It didn't really seem in the beginning like "finding the needle in a haystack" - as defined by a member in the same thread - but now I wonder where can I find the VCC they give.
From the looks of the picture, it appears that you first need a real plastic credit card. Then you enter it in the form to generate VCC. Did you talk to customer care? Usually they have no idea, but sometimes you get knowledgable person.
chromaniac said:
lol @ GoDaddy
worst company ever.
I never used them before. I have also heard about their bad service. But I think have no options left now. Even if I apply for a new bank account for ICICI or Axis, it would take atleast 1 week before I can use it. And I have to renew in 2 days.

Jagat said:
I needed HDFC Netsafe for renewing domain and webhosting.
I talked to HDFC Bank 2 times. First a lady told me that I have to change my security information, then she told me to wait till evening. As expected nothing happened. Then next day I found a guy on HDFC support and he thinks that they have given the work to some other company who is updating the Netsafe service. They have no estimate of how much time it would take.
After 2 whole days of tension, I started finding alternatives for webhosting. I found that GoDaddy and BigRock both support Netbanking and Debit Cards for all Indian banks. So if any of you have to renew domain name or webhosting, you can move to them. Godaddy supports payment even by cheque.
Just an unbiased opinion about GoDaddy - Good enough for domains; never choose Asia-Pacific region for hosting. They offer a brilliant speed for first 1-2 months, and then it makes you feel like getting a refund. I believe region will be automatically chosen based on the billing address. I don't know about BigRock's hosting.

Jagat said:
From the looks of the picture, it appears that you first need a real plastic credit card. Then you enter it in the form to generate VCC. Did you talk to customer care? Usually they have no idea, but sometimes you get knowledgable person.
I never used them before. I have also heard about their bad service. But I think have no options left now. Even if I apply for a new bank account for ICICI or Axis, it would take atleast 1 week before I can use it. And I have to renew in 2 days.
I have a b2 a/c which already has a vcc , i thought regular savings a/c would also have it. looks like you have to generate it

I really hope that it gets back to normal soon. Need to buy a few things internationally and there ain't any other option. ._.

Navjot Singh said:
Credit cards always work in Play Store. Its the issue with the Debit cards and VCC.
Navjot Singh said:
Credit cards always work in Play Store. Its the issue with the Debit cards and VCC.
i have used ICICI debit card with out any issues
sanke1 said:
When it comes to netbanking and online payment, HDFC Bank is the most incompetent.
it would sound weird but i find SBI online banking and payment the most efficient one
simple interface , clear menu and options , it lags only CC
btw hsbc stands first for the most incompetent in net banking and online payments

Seems HDFC Bank is working hard but in wrong Direction.
Until now Netsafe was showing a updation notice after login, but now my transactions are failing online.
I have the balance in Credit Card
I am using the Same Password using which I am able to access the Closed Netsafe Interface but same password fails when a merchant sends you
to HDFC for verification.
Good Job HDFC
[color=#008000;]Edit: After Multiple Attempts the transaction went through now[/color]