• Thread starter Thread starter xenochrophis
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 14,663

xenochrophis

ISP
BSNL
Hello,

This is my two month review of Hathway broadband.

I was in need of a new broadband connection so I decided to call the hathway sales rep (Ravindra) in the first week of August. He was very quick in visiting my house and completing the formalities which included one month advance payment along with installation charges. He had promised me that the connection would start in 3 days GUARANTEED. Well it did start but after 8 days of repeatedly calling the sales rep as the service center blatantly said "This is not our concern, contact the sales guy" before ignoring me completely.

I had applied for the business plan as I am a freelancer and I need a big bandwidth with a higher FUP. So the plan I chose was 50 down and 5 up and 200gb FUP, which would be enough for the quick downloads and conference calls. I had also asked for a static IP which I require for FTP. As I said earlier it took them 8 days to activate my connection and it took them another 2 weeks to activate my static IP, so that's 3 weeks for me without work which would mean I don't get paid. As it was a business plan that I chose, the only thing I cared about was the stability of the connection. I was okay with me getting constant speeds of 45Mbps which I was assured to by the sales rep, but instead I was getting a constant of 51Mbps at any given time of the day with upload speeds staying constant at 6Mbps. This was pretty much the case for about the entire month of August.

Come September and all hell broke lose. On 1st September my speeds reduced to 15Mbps down and 2Mbps up. I contacted the customer care and I got the following reply, "Yes sir I can see that the speeds are indeed slow. I will raise a complaint and your problem will be solved in the next 24 hours." 48 hours later the problem is still there so I decide to call them again and here's the reply, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir. I will raise another complaint and escalate it and I assure you the problem will be solved withing the next 24 hours." 12 hours later I get two messages from hathway stating that the two complaints I had raised have been closed as the problem has been resolved. I restart the docsis modem, check the speeds and see that the problem has indeed NOT been solved. I again call the customer care, describe everything and here's the reply, "We are very sir, I will raise another complaint and the engineers will contact you tomorrow." I get a call the next day from a man claiming to be the "Engineer". He says that he has solved my problem and that I should check the speeds now after restarting the modem. I do as he says and the issue still isn't fixed. He says that's not possible, which would imply that I was lying to him, and he'll check it and call me back in 30 minutes. 2 days later the problem isn't fixed so I decide to go to the service center. At the time I visited it was a bit late and was told that everybody had left for the day and I should check back the next day. I do that and there were 3 "Engineers" sitting in the service center chatting and laughing. Two of the three engineers just ignored me straight away and the third guy asked me and I quote "What do you want?". I told the whole story and after hearing this he replied and I quote again, "This is not our concern. Please call the customer care number and don't trouble us", before completely ignoring me again and going back to chatting with the other staff.

Well that was it for me and I decided to contact the nodal officer for Pune stated on the website, Ajay pardeshi. I called him for two days straight and nobody answers the phone, so I decide to file a complaint through the website. I get a reply the next day stating that my problem will addressed to immediately and a new complaint number was registered. The next day the problem was fixed but only for a week. Now the problem was even more severe, my speeds fluctuated heavily between 2Mbps and 15Mbps and the upload speeds never exceeded 1Mbps. I call the customer care again, explain the problem and the guy on the other end first says that he can't see any problem with my connection. After insisting that the problem is there, he then says that yes now he can see the problem and that the problem is with my SNR. He raised another complaint and assured me that the problem will be fixed in 24 hours.

September has ended and the problem hasn't been fixed yet. I call the customer care every week and I get a new complaint number everytime with false assurances. I've had it with hathway and their incompetent customer service. I have registered a complaint with the consumer forum as the nodal officer cannot be reached and I don't know who else to contact.

A word of advice to anybody in Pune willing to apply for broadband from hathway, I would say please stay as far away from hathway as you can. The stability of their connection is outright pathetic and their customer care is just downright dishonest, incompetent and useless. You will never get the speeds that they advertise, nowhere even near the number they advertise.

I hope this is conveyed to the top officials of hathway so that they can see how their customers are treated.

Cheers,
A hathway customer