Hathway Broadband Delhi Review

• Thread starter Thread starter invader
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 36,450
So after some hiccups, finally decided to try out Hathway by keeping my airtel broadband in Safe Custody. So far the experience is awesome compared to the slow speed of airtel. Airtel refuses to provide more than 4MBPS in my area and charges 899 bucks for 2MBPS@9GB FUP, 512kbps.

In case of Hathway, I paid 899 for 50MBPS@20GB FUP, 1MBPS plan. I paid total 3077 for 3 months.

This is the latest speedtest results.

This is the speed in IDM

Pros:
1. Connection is reliable and I experienced no throttling yet.
2. Speed is stable and ranges from 3-5MBPS (download speed in IDM)
3. Got a login free connection i.e permanently logged in to the internet.
4. No installation fee.

Cons:
1. Customer care is not responsive and takes at least 24 hours to respond to complaints unlike airtel which resolves my problem within 2-3 hours.
2. The engineer told me that my old TP-Link WD8968 would not work with Hathway. Hence, I have to dump it now. I have used it for less than a year with more than 2 years warranty remaining.
3. No landline connection like airtel.
4. Again did not get the connection in their guaranteed 2 days and had to call their office repeatedly to provide the connection.

So far it is too early to judge, but if the connection remain stable then I will disconnect my airtel connection permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi invader,

I hv also been using airtel broadband and hv given a cheque of 3033 to hathway for 50 mbps 20 gb plan. But I still have doubts about hathway's reliability, services and speed. I am still in a delimma and my cheque has not been debited yet therefore I want to give a second thought. Can you email me ur cell number on sunarora84@gmail.com or whatsapp/ call me on 9891412297.

Hathway's broadband is good as far as their internet is concerned. But their customer executive's are assholes. They are making me run for the payment issue. They have again deactivated my account, came to know this when I called their customer care, but my internet is working though. Don't know what is happening.

Sometimes they say issue is resolved and again say that payment is not received. Why don't they understand that payment has already been done via cheque and I have mailed them my bank account statement which shows the same.

So, if you opt for Hathway, be ready to face their crappy customer care.

Does anybody know how to contact Hathway's higher ups? I am fed up with this issue.

@chromaniac @x720

Hathway's broadband is good as far as their internet is concerned. But their customer executive's are assholes. They are making me run for the payment issue. They have again deactivated my account, came to know this when I called their customer care, but my internet is working though. Don't know what is happening.

Sometimes they say issue is resolved and again say that payment is not received. Why don't they understand that payment has already been done via cheque and I have mailed them my bank account statement which shows the same.

So, if you opt for Hathway, be ready to face their crappy customer care.

Does anybody know how to contact Hathway's higher ups? I am fed up with this issue.

@chromaniac @x720
After all these days, how are the downtimes and speeds?

Internet is working but I am facing some issues in speed. Sometimes I am getting 256kbps speed which should be 1Mbps. The speed is back to normal after 5-6 hours.

Finally payment issue resolved today. Had a chat with Hathway Nodal Officer and the payment details were updated in my online portal within 15 minutes. Thanks to him. Relieved now. Phew.

I am thinking of going for their Day 2 Mbps / 4 Mbps Night Plan Unlimited No fup Plan in Delhi which is recently launched im my area .How would u rate it

@tapmal5 In my area Hathway is reliable. There has been no downtime nor any speed throttling during the 2 months period i have used it. But their customer care is crap. I did not have a good experience with them. So i am disconnecting next month and staying with Airtel.

@tapmal5 In my area Hathway is reliable. There has been no downtime nor any speed throttling during the 2 months period i have used it. But their customer care is crap. I did not have a good experience with them. So i am disconnecting next month and staying with Airtel.
great

Hathway's speed has deteriorated a lot from the last month. It is unstable and at night download speed is 512kbps and upload is 4mbps. From the past few days, speed never goes above 4mbps compared to the first month when it was 32mbps.

This is the latest speed from the 50mbps connection.
4477579035.png

I am anyways going to disconnect them by the end of this month. Don't want to deal with their stupid customer care again.