Hathway Broadband Delhi Review

• Thread starter Thread starter invader
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 36,424
So after some hiccups, finally decided to try out Hathway by keeping my airtel broadband in Safe Custody. So far the experience is awesome compared to the slow speed of airtel. Airtel refuses to provide more than 4MBPS in my area and charges 899 bucks for 2MBPS@9GB FUP, 512kbps.

In case of Hathway, I paid 899 for 50MBPS@20GB FUP, 1MBPS plan. I paid total 3077 for 3 months.

This is the latest speedtest results.

This is the speed in IDM

Pros:
1. Connection is reliable and I experienced no throttling yet.
2. Speed is stable and ranges from 3-5MBPS (download speed in IDM)
3. Got a login free connection i.e permanently logged in to the internet.
4. No installation fee.

Cons:
1. Customer care is not responsive and takes at least 24 hours to respond to complaints unlike airtel which resolves my problem within 2-3 hours.
2. The engineer told me that my old TP-Link WD8968 would not work with Hathway. Hence, I have to dump it now. I have used it for less than a year with more than 2 years warranty remaining.
3. No landline connection like airtel.
4. Again did not get the connection in their guaranteed 2 days and had to call their office repeatedly to provide the connection.

So far it is too early to judge, but if the connection remain stable then I will disconnect my airtel connection permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for a router which has option of tunneling all traffic through VPN from the router itself rather than going into the different apps in desktop and mobile to activate the VPN.

that's how it would work when you configure the VPN in the router! even my five year or so old router has it.

sW3kQ0o.png

I have never used it though. I prefer manual connectivity. Banking sites, online shopping and sometimes even regular websites cause issue when they detect you on an international IP.

I didnt know that Hathway has that kind of plans here in Delhi.
I live in Vikaspuri, New Delhi - 110018
Can anyone confirm if I can get it here?

No official builds were released by Buffalo after that the last time I checked!

Apparently. The screenshot has buffalo branding along with DDWRT! Never tried non buffalo builds though.

Looks like whether my ordeal with Hathway will end or not? I have received numerous calls from their accounts department and despite clarifying them, they give false assurances that they will resolve the cheque payment problem.

Today they disconnected my connection, despite repeated emails giving them my bank account statement that I have already made the payment via cheque. So I reached their office and decided that I will solve this matter today. I talked to their Senior Sales Manager, a very polite and helpful guy who claimed to have sorted out the problem. The sales department idiots had booked 2 accounts in my name and the cheque payment was credited to the second non existing account and not to one that I am currently using which led to the whole confusion.

So, the connection was reactivated after sometime and they told me that issue was resolved, however I am hesitant to believe them judging from their past actions and also in the online platform, the amount is still showing pending. I have requested them a receipt and a mail that they have resolved this issue and payment has been done.

Now I am having second thoughts whether I did any good by migrating to hathway from airtel. I am contemplating applying for a disconnection after all the harassment that they have put me through due to no mistake on part of mine.

@x720 No issues bro. But I am putting plan of a new router on hold from the recent events with hathway. Don't know whether I will stay with hathway. Let's see how things work out. Thanks.