Dumping Airtel Broadband to get BSNL Broadband again...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 9,564
Of course. And without any FUP. I have already written to Reliance to resume wireline in my area. Yet to hear from them.

on reliance you are likely to get 1.7mbps on a 2mbps line. though i could be wrong. on 4mbps, they give 3.4mbps.
works fine here after i complained about slow browsing speeds and high ping. i had to complain 7 times in 8 days for those a-holes to fix it.

is there any way to view software/PPP level speed set by ISP.

You can either run speedtest or check your plan.

For MTNL Mumbai when you login to register.mtnl.net.in - you see this on front page:

As per your plan,
TIMING Download speed upload Speed
00-07:05 2Mbps 512Kbps
07:05-18:05 1Mbps 512Kbps
18:05-24 1Mbps 512Kbps

No FUP!

Yes. This is my connection in Lucknow.
Sadly, Reliance doesn't cover my place in Delhi even though the house opposite to me has a reliance connection.
Reliance is pretty weird.

Last edited:
@shivuprasad

ADSL 2+ supports 24 Mbps. I was just wondering since we have ADSL2+ profile in most modems, it would help or not. Care to share the max speed possible on BSNL ADSL ?

24 is theoretical max speed. But it all depends on line conditions and distance from exchange.

I think 8mbps would not be stable for most users in BSNL/MTNL

@amish

I vaguely remember BSNL saying ( somewhere online ) that you need to get VDSL ( that is compulsory ) for certain speeds. What is BSNL's version of minimum speed for VDSL modem usage ?

No idea! I think we had 2 users here using VDSL in Mumbai. One was @sanke1 and other can not remember who.