Do not name your home wireless network Indian Mujahideen

• Thread starter Thread starter saarth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 13,776
bad joke to invite yourself into trouble.
However I am sure one can get into larger trouble naming such things.
you should refrain yourself from such kiddish activities as it could ruin your career and social life.
I remember this scene from movie "Due Date" where he was put on no-fly list .....

Last edited by a moderator:
I really have no clue why I cannot name my wireless network Al Qaeda. It's my wireless network.

you can name whatever you want but remember to worsen your life
and If I was a policeman I could harass you to a endless loop.
If i was a cop, I would suspect you to.
1). what if you have setup wifi to allow terrorists to use network while they do reiki of your locality.
2). what if you have named it so you can login to VPN of a terrorist network which needs this a pre-requisites.
3). you are trying to scare your neighbors, so the property can be obtained cheap and this is suspected threatening call.
4). you are supporting a terrorist group by doing advertising for them and spoiling the brain of near by kids who can be easily mis-guided.
5). you are funding them and want to show off this by making your wifi name identical
6). you are naming it so incoming connections from terrorist are entertained and you are trying to become a HUB for them.
7). you are about to leave your family and go to terrorist camp in another country and this was required by them.
8) you are a idiot who has ruined your life, infact your entire family will have worst life as you would be charged and kept under investigation for next 30 days and till your ISP provides all supporting documents that you have not used internet where word terrorist was used,(which will never happen) or torrent was never touched etc etc.
what if your HDD gets messed up with another suspected real terrorist during forensic,
so my friend my motive of above post with that movie part was to show you "you should not used terms which puts other people on EDGE"
and law being so complicated that you can easily be charged for multiple crimes on such kiddish activity, you know you are innocent but once you invite trouble, you are on mercy of understanding of supporting evidence which can deviate from reality depending on perspective you see it from.
I am not criticizing anyone on this thread, but Its a duty of every sound person to make this country a safer place to live in than playing such pranks....

What's the use of naming wireless network such an abnormal name, just to please yourself? It's even more stupid than the prank itself :lol:

But hiding would not qualify for a prank and trouble, if the SSID was hidden as network scan wouldn't list it.

But it gives you the right to name your network whatever you want to!
Come to think of it, I have not changed my own network's name as Juno since I saw that movie. 😱

But hiding would not qualify for a prank and trouble, if the SSID was hidden as network scan wouldn't list it.
Exactly. And I think a real deal terrorist mentality will do it if he chose to name it al quaida for example :lol::lol:

Well one can name his Wifi network to anyname it pleases. he could have even named it as "Ram singh, nirbhaya's rapist", sure the law wouldn't had touched him but the society would have seen that has a sick & perverted move.
In this case case it's not only a twisted move but fringes on the linkage of an anti-national terror group.

yes. terrorists would name their own wireless networks on the name of their organization's name. 😛leasantry:

Yeah, but certain words trigger investigations like dirty bomb, jihad, al-qaeda would in U.S.
Indian authorities must have been told to look out anything related to IM, as bhatkal had revealed many sleeper outfits planning major strikes in the coming months.
i would not blame the cops as this case was not related to moral policing.

I do not mind them investigating this particular case. But spending 5-6 hours? It's just a wireless network's name for christ's sake. A simple warning would have been enough.
I mean I would love to know under what law was he taken to police station and his computing equipment taken away. This is a good case why you should have your disk drives totally encrypted.

Written stmt is necessary, if supposedly god forbids there's bomb blast, then their superiors would have screwed the cop for not taking the Stmt in writing.
Even for a passport verification one has to wait a couple of hours in the station