1. Please change your bookmarks from https to http. Also clear up your HSTS!
  2. Please ensure you have read this document.

D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+Modem router configuration problem

Discussion in 'Airtel Broadband' started by smartguy777, Oct 24, 2012.

1. smartguy777 Newbie

Hi everyoneI have airtel broabdband internet connection for my desktop. I would like to use wireless internet through router for my laptop. So I bought D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+Modem router today.I followed all the steps of router installation like plugging power, connecting phone and ether cable. Last step 'connect to internet is getting failed with error as " There seems to be some problem with internet connection, check DSL settings'.Please help me how to configure.I did ipconfig/all on my desktop and posting results here..C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig/allWindows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : hyd-6769a8adb07 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-1C-3C-01-78 Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:38:25 PM Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:38:25PM

2. smartguy777 Newbie

Hi everyone
    I have airtel broabdband internet connection for my desktop. I would like to use wireless internet through router for my laptop. So I bought D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+Modem router today.
    I followed all the steps of router installation like plugging power, connecting phone and ether cable. Last step 'connect to internet is getting failed with error as " There seems to be some problem with internet connection, check DSL settings'.
    Please help me how to configure.

I did ipconfig/all on my desktop and posting results here..
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : hyd-6769a8adb07
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
    rnet NIC
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-1C-3C-01-78
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:38:25
    PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:38:25
    PM

Can anyone please help ??

3. sean1880 Regular Regulars

turn off DHCP in the dlink router ...if that doesn't work let me know..i will work out something

4. WizZ Regular Regulars

something must be wrong in the router configurations? wireless configurations?

5. uberjon - Regulars

1. Confirm the setup. Telephone cable to modem. Ethernet cable from modem to computer.2. Are you able to login to the modem?3. Did you enter the correct DSL username & password?4. Did you configure the modem per Airtel's settings?If you did all that, then it might be an issue with DNS settings.Go to Network Connections -> Local Area Network -> Properties. Under the General tab, go to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Configure. What do you see under the General tab?

6. smartguy777 Newbie

turn off DHCP in the dlink router ...if that doesn't work let me know..i will work out something

Hi
    I turned off DHCP but no luck. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

7. smartguy777 Newbie

1. Confirm the setup. Telephone cable to modem. Ethernet cable from modem to computer.
    2. Are you able to login to the modem?
    3. Did you enter the correct DSL username & password?
    4. Did you configure the modem per Airtel's settings?

If you did all that, then it might be an issue with DNS settings.

Go to Network Connections -> Local Area Network -> Properties. Under the General tab, go to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Configure. What do you see under the General tab?

Hi

1.Confirmed - Telephone cable to modem - Green light enabled on router
    2.Didn't get ur question - I do not have any credentials to login to the modem
    3. Yes, entered the correct DSL username and password
    4. Yes, when I selected Airtel/India, the other settings have come automatically.

Network Connections -> Local Area Network -> Properties. Under the General tab, go to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Configure->
    after this step - there are two tabs - 1. General --> The below two radio buttons were selected.
    "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
    2. Alternative configuration - 'Automatic private IP address' radio button was selected.

Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you !

something must be wrong in the router configurations? wireless configurations?

Hi

Dont know whats wrong. Thats why I'm here. First I am trying to connect internet on my desktop(OS - windows XP Sp2)
    using router and ethernet cable. If this works, I will go for wireless.

I tried connect internet on my laptop (windows7) also but unable to connect using Dlink router.

8. uberjon - Regulars

What is the modem model no? DSL-2750u?
    1.Confirmed - Telephone cable to modem - Green light enabled on router
    How many lights? What are the lights? Look in your manual to see a description. Were all of them steady or blinking?
    There should be a minimum of 4 steady lights - Power, LAN, DSL, Internet. The 5th would be the wireless signal. But since your internet is not working, you might be seeing fewer lights than that.

2.Didn't get ur question - I do not have any credentials to login to the modem
    Yeah you do.
    go to http://192.168.1.1/
    User name:
    admin

Password:
    admin or password

9. sean1880 Regular Regulars

connect the dlink wifi modem to your older airtel modem through ethernet cable then after turning off DHCP on dlink set the dlink's own ip address to 192.168.2.1

10. smartguy777 Newbie

connect the dlink wifi modem to your older airtel modem through ethernet cable then after turning off DHCP on dlink set the dlink's own ip address to 192.168.2.1

Dude, I did exactly the same today...connected ethernet cable from Dlink modem to airtel modem and DSL wire also to Airtel modem Now the internet green light is enabled on Airtel modem. I am able to wireless internet from router now and I'm able to connect internet on my desktop using wired internet also.

I was told that I can remove airtel modem if I purchase this Dlink Wireless N 300 ADSL2+Modem router . But I am getting internet only if I use both airtel modem and dlink router+modem. Anyways I have internet now.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Please let me know if there is anyway I can avoid using my airtel modem and connect internet using Dlink router+ modem

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)