BSNL Wimax question

• Thread starter Thread starter kooldude19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 14,978

kooldude19

ISP
BSNL
I want to have BSNL Wimax in my residence, im not sure to go for which CPE - Indoor or Outdoor. Which CPE will be helpful?i want it in my laptop and phone. i want it to use in outstation as well.

You should decide the type of usage whether its Outdoor or Indoor. BSNL provides Outdoor CPE where the signal is weak in indoor area(House, etc). If you near the Transmitter, you can go for USB CPE. You cannot use the USB CPE while you on the road.Because the wimax technology is based on 4G and this service provided by BsNl is exclusively for rural areas, so obviously there is no BTS in URBAN areas.

Like i am going from Kolkata to Lucknow? So to use Wimax in Lucknow i have to carry the outdoor CPE with me? I will be using the connection in a indoor area (House, etc).

Wimax isnt present everywhere, and there is no rural area clause in it. Be sure to check if it is present at both the places you intend to stay.

Can you help me out to find where are Wimax connection present? And what do you mean by rural area clause?

BTS-Base Transceiver Station.Rural area Clause means Villages and places where the wired Broadband service is not possible.I'm using Outdoor CPE and i could receive signal from 3BTS.(Signal strength should be minimum 10db and the normal range is 25db). The service engineer told me that we can use the Outdoor CPE within my state(Tamilnadu) but the BTS should present in that area. The BTS wont be there in the urban areas. You may check the Wimax coverage map in BSNL website. In my opinion, shifting the outdoor CPE is difficult since it needs straight forward installation.