BSNL Broadband: Beetel 220Bx ADSL2 + Modem FIRMWARE UPGRADE!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ashishk2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 31,189

ashishk2

ISP
BSNL
First things first !
Great Work guys...wonderfull forum :cool2:

Im using Beetel 220Bx ADSL2 + Modem with BSNL Broadband,wanted to upgrade the firware...so i went through the forum.

They installed 3.0 firmware bcuz i heard its stable !!!!(but not very true,my modem restarts on its own sometimes) using link-removed link from the forum

Lost my managment and other options🙁

CAN SOME TELL ME HOW TO UPGRADE TO GOOD FIRMWARE !!! SINCE I CANT DO IT DIRECTLY !!!!😕

First things first !
Great Work guys...wonderfull forum :cool2:

Im using Beetel 220Bx ADSL2 + Modem with BSNL Broadband,wanted to upgrade the firware...so i went through the forum.

They installed 3.0 firmware bcuz i heard its stable !!!!(but not very true,my modem restarts on its own sometimes) using link-removed link from the forum

Lost my managment and other options🙁

CAN SOME TELL ME HOW TO UPGRADE TO GOOD FIRMWARE !!! SINCE I CANT DO IT DIRECTLY !!!!😕

Did you scroll the AUTO mode ?
What other Options available ?
Try this
192.168.1.1/main.html
Do you get extra menu options ?
Now type 192.168.1.1/look.html
Copy/Paste the data here ( ignore fonts )
to check your Firmware version.

I will post later a FW downgrade application ( automatic via command window )
beetelupgradetool 1.9 MB
Test stability menu items etc.
and then access the modem page to upgrade to latest available in WIKI here.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello...i have a small problem...i have a beetel 220bx adsl2+ modem which i got from airtel about 4years ago....now i am using bsnl...Well my prob is that a few days back i was having trouble connecting to the internet...so i downloaded a firmware upgrade tool n executed it...it used 't28-0q-003.img' now i don't kno much...but as it turns out, i think my modem has becum wat i guess is called a 'brick'. The power and adsl light r always on, the data led doesnot even blink n pc led goes on n off again n again.I called bsnl cc n a rep came over, connected his own modem n the internet worked alright...so he said i hv to get my modem replaced or buy a new one since it is out of warranty...Now is dere a way i can get this modem working again? Note that i can't access d web interface to upgrade the firmware, so is there any other way to do this? I would really appreciate ny help, but plz provide details. I don't know much about about updating modem firmware.....Plz help!EDIT: Just to b clear...i can't even ping 192.168.1.1....it says request timed out....i can ping 127.0.0.1....so i suppose nic is alright...

hello...i have a small problem...i have a beetel 220bx adsl2+ modem which i got from airtel about 4years ago....now i am using bsnl...

Well my prob is that a few days back i was having trouble connecting to the internet...so i downloaded a firmware upgrade tool n executed it...it used 't28-0q-003.img' now i don't kno much...but as it turns out, i think my modem has becum wat i guess is called a 'brick'. The power and adsl light r always on, the data led doesnot even blink n pc led goes on n off again n again.

I called bsnl cc n a rep came over, connected his own modem n the internet worked alright...so he said i hv to get my modem replaced or buy a new one since it is out of warranty...

Now is dere a way i can get this modem working again? Note that i can't access d web interface to upgrade the firmware, so is there any other way to do this?

I would really appreciate ny help, but plz provide details. I don't know much about about updating modem firmware.....

Plz help!

EDIT: Just to b clear...i can't even ping 192.168.1.1....it says request timed out....i can ping 127.0.0.1....so i suppose nic is alright...
Well, you have successfully bricked your modem. I think it's dead forever. Now if you could somehow reflash the firmware, your modem could breathe again. Let me know if you're successful in doing so. I have 2 BSNL bricked modems lying around at my place. I'm thinking of selling them in scrap if reflashing firmware ain't possible.

1.Confirm , whether you can access 192.168.1.1 admin PW password .
As the Upgrade tool is for Airtel ISP PW could be password.

2. What was the message at the end of command prompt upgrade
process ?
Or Run the FW again.

A later version has been posted in WIKI website of this forum.

5. Feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you have successfully bricked your modem. I think it's dead forever. Now if you could somehow reflash the firmware, your modem could breathe again. Let me know if you're successful in doing so. I have 2 BSNL bricked modems lying around at my place. I'm thinking of selling them in scrap if reflashing firmware ain't possible.

well dat's kind of d prob...how do i "somehow" reflash d firware?? now i have downloaded d correct firware for my modem n hv got a copy of d correct procedure for flashing d modem but d issue is dat all manual n automatic tools for flashing d modem require access to 192.168.1.1...which i m not able to do.... 🙁

You might need access to an external universal flasher. This would entail opening the modem, desolder the flash rom, connect it to the universal flasher and then flash with the correct firmware. And then resolder the flash rom back to your modem pcb.This process can be done by BIOS IC repair guys who have access to the universal flasher (It's an expensive machine for hobbyist use). Do check out people in your area who repair motherboards and ask if they have access to one.This could be your only respite if the modem is working but doesn't allow access to 192.168.1.1. One more reason why newbies shouldn't venture out into modding, because they usually cannot put back things in order in case they screw up!

Hi,I'm also facing the same problem what supernova is experiencing...I have noticed that the browsers displays "Page cannot be displayed" some times,i thought of upgrade the firmware as it was 3 years old Beetel 220 BX1 modem.Now I'm having BSNL so thought that it is not so compatible, let me upgrade.I used the Beetelupdradetool.It extracted well and logged in to the model copied the flash and displayed message "Firmware upgrade successful, please wait while modem reboots...I waited for 10~15~20 min..but it did not come up...press ctrl+c it asked "Terminate Job (Y/N)?...i said Nbut it did not resume and the cmd window got closed automatically.after this again i waited for about 10min...then i power cycle the modem...Now.....1. Modem LED statusPower-ONADSL-ON (without cable)DATA-OFFPC/USB-BLINK2. DHCP not working3. Even with Manual IP, unable to ping 192.168.1.14. No Web access / TelnetAnybody have solution for this issue :huh:

Hi,
I'm also facing the same problem what supernova is experiencing...

I have noticed that the browsers displays "Page cannot be displayed" some times,
i thought of upgrade the firmware as it was 3 years old Beetel 220 BX1 modem.
Now I'm having BSNL so thought that it is not so compatible, let me upgrade.
I used the Beetelupdradetool.

It extracted well and logged in to the model copied the flash and displayed message "Firmware upgrade successful, please wait while modem reboots...
I waited for 10~15~20 min..but it did not come up...
press ctrl+c it asked "Terminate Job (Y/N)?...i said N
but it did not resume and the cmd window got closed automatically.
after this again i waited for about 10min...then i power cycle the modem...
Now.....
1. Modem LED status
Power-ON
ADSL-ON (without cable)
DATA-OFF
PC/USB-BLINK

2. DHCP not working
3. Even with Manual IP, unable to ping 192.168.1.1
4. No Web access / Telnet

Anybody have solution for this issue :huh:

Good News!!!
I cracked the problem...:thumb:
I have upgraded firmware again with latest...

Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M
Software Version: 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-0.7
I made a electronic serial2TTL circuit to access the modem via serial interface.

While booting it stuck in selecting right Board id, i have selected "96338L-2M-8M" and it is started booting with SW ver 3.0
so, I upgraded EW thro GUI 3.12

If anybody need help, please PM

Siemens c2110 not working blinking cont.. Please help on this problem.

my modem warranty has been expired

I have a problem with my Siemens C2110 ADSL modem. The LEDs on the modem is blinking always. I turned on the modem while the PC is off and the phone line disconnected, then all the LEDs turn on, which should not happen as only the power LED (the red one) should be on and all others off until I connect the LAN cable. And if I connect the LAN cable and turn on th PC, the phone line still disconnected, then all the three LEDs (except the power LED) begins blinking continuously. I tried resetting the modem but it didn't solve.
I can ping 192.168.1.1 but cannot open it through IE or Opera. So I cannot access the modem settings. Is there any way to solve the problem like flashing the firmware or is my modem out-of-order.

Please Help...
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1262965

hello all,well i resolved my problem by getting a new ZTE ZXDSL 531B from BSNL. i had to buy it since my modem's warranty period was over n i was getting frustrated over accessing the internet through my mobile... @mixmaxi don't know much but i think i can safely say that if u can access 192.168.1.1 then u r not totally gone...there's still hope. i'd suggest that u call customer care...they would come over even if the warranty period is finished...i think its probably a configuration problem...just a guess....

dear mukumthans
it is very helpful

please give deatailed information
which software are you chosen and
what is the"serial port of the player"
please give more detail throgh forum or my mail
tmsafeer@gmail.com
tmsafeer@bsnl.in