1. Please change your bookmarks from https to http. Also clear up your HSTS!
  2. Please ensure you have read this document.

BSNL 3G data card TERACOM not detected by pc

Discussion in 'BSNL 3G' started by cruiser91, May 29, 2010.

1. cruiser91 Newbie

Hi guys..I just bought a BSNL 3G datacard (teracom) from BSNL office.on first connection with pc it installed bsnl 3g setup....but unable to connect.I tried to change some settings.. but it hanged so i pulled off the modem.After that the data card isnt being detected by pc.. there is No LED glow in data card.I am really in deep stress now...I couldnt even use this for 1 day .Plz help.is this modem comes with warranty?

2. oldtimer Geriatrix Regulars

In my opinion, the LED is software controlled and may misbehave if the drivers are not installed properly in your machine (Comp-A) . So before you lose heart, try out these simple suggestions and post your results. In case you have tried these suggestions already, and they have not worked, then maybe it is time to ..er.. lose heart. :eek:

1.Insert the card in the USB port of any other PC (comp-B) which has not seen this card earlier and note if it detects the card.
    2. If the LED glows red when you first plug it into comp-B, hopefully your card is still alive.
    3. If your card is OK, un-install the teracom 3g software from comp-A, without the card in the USB port
    4. Reboot comp-A
    5. Insert card in USB port of Comp-A again and go through the installation process again. Note any error messages, and post them. Hopefully we could get it working with a few more posts.

Disclaimer:
    The suggestions are made with the good intention of helping others when possible. They are based on my personal experience. However, I am not responsible for the outcome of following the suggestions. So the decision whether to follow these suggestions or not must be your own

3. Ankitjain123 Newbie

Ans: You first uninstall the Driver of 3G data card from your control panel and restart your system after this you connect the device with your PC/Laptop and wait for 1 min then it install automatically if you are using Window vista/Seven then it take some time i.e 2-3 min due to security of window.Thanks

4. cruiser91 Newbie

Thanks oldtimer & ankitjain

I tried inserting the data card in different ports.. even uninstalled the data card.... restored the pc to point before installing...

even after all these things.. Nothing happens..
    I tried using it in my frnds PC too... again...... nothing happens... no autoplay of driver installation......No LED light glow..

Though it worked the very first time I inserted it in my pc....It stopped working once I forced shutdown it while the program was taking too long time searching for Network on manual connection..

5. oldtimer Geriatrix Regulars

I remember when I bought my card at the commercial centre, they said they would repair it in case of faults. I would need to submit the original bill with the data-card at the customer service centre. Maybe you should contact them. Keep us posted anyway.[BTW, does any of your friends have a linux machine? In case nothing works, maybe you could try something on linux as a last resort, with the help of your friend]

6. cruiser91 Newbie

@ oldtimer..I have live cd of Ubuntu 8.04 ...I use it for various purposes...one of them was this itself..this damned data card didnt work in Linux too... even after 2-3 minutes.. No change in pc nor in Data card...usb ports usually report some errors when device inserted doesnt work or faulty as "USB device not recognized" or smthing... BUT in this case.. its dead like anything..Nothing happens. No sound ..no light.. .. [:(]

7. oldtimer Geriatrix Regulars

Well here is my last bit.You may have noticed that the data card has a drive configured on it. It has installer files for linux and windows and auto-run configured for Windows. In windows, the drive executes autorun on plugging in. In linux, it just mounts the drive. I was just wondering if the damage was just limited to corrupted files, and if the drive integrity was intact, we could just try writing the files back on the drive again from a backup to restore it. If there is a drive, you should probably be able to see it in Linux.That is why i asked. If however, there is no drive at all, then you know what that means!! :cry:

8. cruiser91 Newbie

Hi oldtimer I replaced my data card. Now this one detect my pc. BUT again misfortune stays with me. Most of the times it cant catch UMTS signal and content itself with GSM only. I even tried Manually forcing it to get UMTS (3G) network ... but no use. even if it catches signal... disappears quickly and modem LED (green) starts blinking.. I m pissed at BSNL now.. so much effort for bloody 1 - 2 KBps... :mad:

9. oldtimer Geriatrix Regulars

I had this problem too. In my case, I traced it to the fact that the USB port on my desktop PC was low down, about a foot from the floor and probably heavily shielded. I used an USB extn. cord (had to make sure there were no loose contacts on the cord connectors). This helped me to raise the height of the datacard somewhat. This gave me much better reception. Hope your luck favours you too!!BTW there is a small socket on the side of the datacard which is called 'rf' in my one-sheet manual. I would like to believe this a provision for an antenna, but I can't find any antenna in my pack. Did you get one? Or at least can you find out what the socket is for? It might help in areas of poor reception.

10. cruiser91 Newbie

I had this problem too. In my case, I traced it to the fact that the USB port on my desktop PC was low down, about a foot from the floor and probably heavily shielded. I used an USB extn. cord (had to make sure there were no loose contacts on the cord connectors). This helped me to raise the height of the datacard somewhat. This gave me much better reception. Hope your luck favours you too!!

BTW there is a small socket on the side of the datacard which is called 'rf' in my one-sheet manual. I would like to believe this a provision for an antenna, but I can't find any antenna in my pack. Did you get one? Or at least can you find out what the socket is for? It might help in areas of poor reception.
    I tried uplifting my data card .....Doesnt affect a thing...
    still living in miserable speed of 1-2 kbps...... [:(]
    btw ... tht RF cable port shud be for some antenna..but me too din get any antenna...

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Anyone here uses TERACOM data card??

Is it NORMAL for LED to keep on blinking...once its get connected to internet??

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Even my data card gets heated up too high....

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)