• Thread starter Thread starter idea
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 25,092

idea

ISP
airtel
BroadBand Services - PUNE - katraj - bibwewadi area

looking for 512/1 mb broadband services in PUNE - katraj - bibwewadi area.

if you are from same area, which one you are using?
suggestion for service providers?

Looking for reliable services with economy.

i stay close by to bibvewadi, and after using sify and tata, i have now settled for bsnl home 500 plan. It is fulfilling all my needs atm. If u need unlimited 512/1mb, go for bsnl.

i stay close by to bibvewadi, and after using sify and tata, i have now settled for bsnl home 500 plan. It is fulfilling all my needs atm. If u need unlimited 512/1mb, go for bsnl.

Thanks for revert.

But i dont have landline... which is must for BSNL broadband.... Getting a landline might take ages from BSNL ....

these days it is faster i guess... just apply for one by visiting the nearest customer service center (ask the local exchange for the time it takes for a new connection)

these days it is faster i guess... just apply for one by visiting the nearest customer service center (ask the local exchange for the time it takes for a new connection)

Thanks for revert .. and congrats on your 1000th post !!:thumb:

Thanks for revert.

But i dont have landline... which is must for BSNL broadband.... Getting a landline might take ages from BSNL ....

Mine is a new connection which i had applied last month in satara road exchange(opp city pride). I got phone in 8 days and internet in 5 days. Plus if you will apply now you wud get 20% off on the rental for next 6 months.

Mine is a new connection which i had applied last month in satara road exchange(opp city pride). I got phone in 8 days and internet in 5 days. Plus if you will apply now you wud get 20% off on the rental for next 6 months.

Oh thats great ....

Can you post some details as in..
Phone monthly charges.. installation.. security amt .. modem cost/type ... also which BSNL office .. is it next to panchami or bajirao road ?

^^ The one opposite to Panchami hotel.So, which plan have you decided to opt for? All charges depend on the type of plan that you want to choose.Security deposit for landline: local = 500; local + STD = 1500. This will be automatically deducted from your first three or four bills.

Yupp, one near panchami hotel.

If u r opting for home 500 like mine, it is 2 mbps speed. 2.5 gb monthly limit ans night unlimiter (2 am to 8 am).
Security deposit for landline: local = 500. Broadband rental for home 500 is 500 rs. 1200 rs if you want to buy a modem, or 60 rs as monthly rent if u dnt wanna buy it. And rental for landline will depend on what plan you select.

Find all other info here ... Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

Yupp, one near panchami hotel.

If u r opting for home 500 like mine, it is 2 mbps speed. 2.5 gb monthly limit ans night unlimiter (2 am to 8 am).
Security deposit for landline: local = 500. Broadband rental for home 500 is 500 rs. 1200 rs if you want to buy a modem, or 60 rs as monthly rent if u dnt wanna buy it. And rental for landline will depend on what plan you select.

Find all other info here ... Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

Thanksfor the info and your input.

I will have to enroll for landline just for sake of BB. I dont intend to use it for calls etc. BSNL is also known for its erratic billing? and deaf ustomer care ....

Is AIRTEL worth trying ?? Currently i am using Tata BB

Thanksfor the info and your input.

I will have to enroll for landline just for sake of BB. I dont intend to use it for calls etc. BSNL is also known for its erratic billing? and deaf ustomer care ....

Is AIRTEL worth trying ?? Currently i am using Tata BB

Airtel and bsnl wud give same browsing experience. But what made difference for me is the night unlimited which i cud use to download heavy stuff daily with 2 mbps speed. If ur not a downloading freak, then airtel is best for you.

^^ If Airtel is available in your area, then grab it! 🙂
i will chk out ... what so good about airtel??

Airtel and bsnl wud give same browsing experience. But what made difference for me is the night unlimited which i cud use to download heavy stuff daily with 2 mbps speed. If ur not a downloading freak, then airtel is best for you.

Thats good strategy ....

but 2 am to 8 am .. might lead to sleepless nights !:O also how to cope with erratic bills ? and deaf customer care .. nways .. bsnl seems to be a good option ...

i am also getting input on reliance and rest ...

Hey please don't go for reliance, sify, tata indicom or any other ISP. They are horrible!

Just go for Airtel. If Airtel is not available in your area, then go for BSNL. The reason why I am suggesting you Airtel over BSNL is the after sales service. I am not using Airtel but I have heard and read that the the after sales service (Customer care) is quite good as compared to all other ISPs.

Usually people don't face much problems in BSNL, but once a problem arises, BSNL people will make you to run from pillar to post. :frown:

i will chk out ... what so good about airtel??

Thats good strategy ....

but 2 am to 8 am .. might lead to sleepless nights !:O also how to cope with erratic bills ? and deaf customer care .. nways .. bsnl seems to be a good option ...

i am also getting input on reliance and rest ...

All torrent reated downloading, no need to be awake. There are many softwares available to manage night downloads. I dont remember when i was awake last time till 2, but i download daily. And yeah, you may have to compromise on CC, and tech support. Most of the probs u may have to figure it out urself on this forum. And about erratic bills, play safe and there never wud be any problem.:thumbsup: