BRANDED DESKTOP FOR MY MINIMAL USE

• Thread starter Thread starter ghost
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 3,768
ISP
MTNL
I have really got tired of assembled PCs now because they tend to fail a lot sometimes usb ports, sometimes ram, sometimes motherboards and what not. I have 3 assembled PCs laying around in a span of 4 years and also right now my one PC is at Nehru place for repairing. So this time i want to make a safe bet by purchasing a branded company assembled Pc from manufacturers like Dell, HP etc. My requirements very minimal :-

- Future proof and for god sake last me 5-6 years or more without spending a single penny.
- Computer usage is confined to watching 720/1080p movies, working on Microsoft office often and browsing internet with 5-6 tabs opened some torrenting and that's it. No games nothing.
- Budget is around 35k and i want only PC no monitor and other accessories as i have plenty of them laying around.

what is inside a branded desktop is no different than whats inside an assembled one.

processor-intel
motherboard-Asus etc
ram-corsair etc
....so on

Dell and others aren't making any of the inside components themselves.

Upvote 0
35K is a nice budget. branded machines would give you shitty motherboards and mediocre PSUs. best is to spend on a good cabinet and smps. and then buy the best combo motherboard and processor in the remaining money. i do the same. priority is always psu and cabinet. everything else is secondary as it can be easily swapped or added.

plus your requirements are quite basic. you might want to consider buying a budget laptop as well!

Upvote 0
I know this that they are just assembling the different parts just like any other computer wala but if something fails i just need to call them or reach to their service center but in case of computer wala i need to run at different service centers for different thing and first i need to check what is gone bad in this PC by paying some charges to that computer wala. LOL

Also these company assembled PCs have long life as reported by many friends and small office owners.

Upvote 0
I admit that i have always aimed for very low budget PCs, but i don't know from where i should get my PC assembled as all of them are looters you pay them for something else and they put something else, that what i am fearing for.

Upvote 0
Man. Just go to Rashi or some other reputed store in NP and get something custom made right in front of your eyes!

Upvote 0
better quality cabinets usually come with their own high quality fans. in the end it is the psu and the air flow that matters. psu protects the hardware, better airflow prevents heat from killing the components. i spent around 40K last year on my desktop i think and i think the cabinet and the psu costing came to around 12-13K. spent another 15K on the motherboard+processor. 4K for RAM and i had a pretty decent machine that is impressively silent (except for minor hum from the processor fan which i intend to replace when winters would come).

Upvote 0