1. Please change your bookmarks from https to http. Also clear up your HSTS!
  2. Please ensure you have read this document.

Bangalore HSR Layout Broadband Tragedy

Discussion in 'Discuss (Broadband Services)' started by adityeah, Jun 21, 2012.

1. adityeah Newbie

I have been staying in Bangalore's HSR layout since the last 6 years. I was staying in Sector-2 for two years where I was using Tata Indicom Broadband. Then I moved to an apartment where we had airtel broadband, for two years. Now I have moved to a sector-3, near the HSR Club in HSR Layout and my hunt for a new broadband connection has been an utter tragedy.I first went to airtel, who, within 3 days, told me that there is no feasibility for connection in the area. I then, with a lot of hopes, went to the telephone exchange where I was told that there is no feasibility for connection in the HSR Layout area as BBMP has not allowed BSNL to dig up the area for laying new cables. Next I went to Tata Indicom, who took 10 days to tell me that there is no technical feasibility in the area to provide a new connection.I am left completely baffled at this. I am staying in a prime location in HSR Layout only to find that there is no way I can get broadband?I am left with very few options now. For now, I am using an USB dongle (Reliance Netconnect). There are advertisement bills stick on electric poles for Tikona Broadband and TTN broadband. I have googled about Tikona and TTN and my perception is that they are a waste of money and time. The only option left is to go for the latest and overpriced Airtel LTE 4G broadband. Equipment for it alone costs Rs.8000 and I am not in a mood to spend that much amount (Airtel representative who sells LTE told me that it's the stuff for people who own Audi and Benz).Can someone here please suggest me something? I use moderate downloading (Maybe 10-12 GB per month?) and I have always had broadband. i don't know what to do as i am going to stay in this new house for at least a year. Please advice!

2. gopichandpai Regular Regulars

Try airtel 3G or aircel 3G?

3. adityeah Newbie

Yes but that would have to be the dongle right? As i said, I have always used the broadband with the wi-fi. I am not sure if the dongle is seen as a complete replacement for the broadband.

4. x720 Incoherent Poster Regulars

How much data do you consume in a month ?

5. adityeah Newbie

As I said, maybe 12 GB per month.

6. x720 Incoherent Poster Regulars

Give bsnl evdo a try. 750 bucks for the unlimited plan. Ask for a demo at your place.

7. adityeah Newbie

Where should I apply for it? Would they give a demo? Has anyone in HSR layout tried Evdo?

8. sandeeprao Newbie

There are advertisement bills stick on electric poles for Tikona Broadband and TTN broadband. I have googled about Tikona and TTN and my perception is that they are a waste of money and time.

Definitely you did a good job of googling about Tikona Services. I am struggling hard to get the services terminated.

9. x720 Incoherent Poster Regulars

Where should I apply for it? Would they give a demo? Has anyone in HSR layout tried Evdo?

Apply at the telephone exchange or at udaan.bsnl.co.in . They should give you a demo if you ask for one. Average speeds are around 2 mbps with evdo. But speeds vary from place to place.

10. gopichandpai Regular Regulars

If you have a phone which supports tethering(turning your phone into wifi modem), you can still go with airtel or aircel 3G. This way you won't miss your wifi :)