• Thread starter Thread starter mpaspc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,798

mpaspc

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I have been a airtel user for over 12 Years and if they are treating me like this , i wonder if they are treating me like this , how will they treat others , or there is no brand loyalty I left , I guess .

Here is how my Ordeal went , on about 18 or 19th December 2014, I went to Airtel Relationship center to get my plan changed to the The new FAMILY PLAN , which they were heavily promoting . After Repeatedly insisting and in December last week after checking that my plan for one of my number's hadn’t been changed I wrote them a email and raised various complaints and was told that my plan will be changed . I figured it would be a normal process for them and I don’t really need to do anything , but I was wrong . The next bill got generated on 25th Jan 2015, and these idiots still hadn’t changed it . This time I wrote them an email so that I can maintain records , their appellate office confirmed that the plan would be changed and again I thought a company like this probably can default twice on a simple request but not thrice . I was wrong , those idiots couldn’t do this simple job , and I had no way of knowing about this since they had a billing system error, and my bill was delayed by about 25 days. I went to airtel relationship center again twice on march 21 and march 25 and finally got the plan changed . The Problem is AIRTEL did agreed on 25th Jan that it was there mistake and refunded me for one the month of December to January the difference in rental amount which was 400 + Taxes . Now for the month of JAN- FEB and FEB-MARCH , these idiots are refusing , saying that it was my fault , I must have used this plan , and advised to take benefits of that stupid plan even after me protesting my usage is not such . Airtel has over charged me by 800+service tax and some amount again will be billed extra in this cycle . I am still wondering why people are going to airtel even after this tactics .

MTNL’s service are not good , but I had billing problem only once , and there higher executives are reachable by email and , one email and problem solved . I would advice you to stay away from airtel . They have a lot of billing issues and I have been billed extra many times . If I hadn’t been checking my bill every time , I wonder how much extra they would have billed me . Since the past 1 Year Airtel Has overcharged me by about 2000 (gross estimate) and about 50% of it was refunded Sans the service tax in a few cases . I am wondering if they can charge a single consumer by this amount how much are they are earning by overcharging all their consumers .

People May doubt me so I am posting screenshots of my EMAIL conversation to make things more clear . Btw has any one Successfully fought a Case against these Crony companies . The Question is not really about the Refund but more about how they treat their customer . Had they simply agreed to their mistake and refunded things would have been much different

vCdVNWB.png
tKut3io.png
l3C4RnY.png

Last edited:
send "MNP Ur no" to 1900 and see the magic. No need to give porting request but they'll call you to ask , saar why leaving.....

This would no longer work . They probably will want a copy of all emails and now airtel has stopped replying to my emails . Of the 4-5 emails i send , one of them receives a reply we will contact you by so and so . This date is usually 7 days away and after that they will again take 2-3 days and then reply . They are buying time , since they have a clause that after 3 months a customer cannot dispute charges

what he is suggesting is to apply for mnp. that would trigger their customer retention department which has the power to do extraordinary things to retain a customer.

Better yet, apply for MNP on all your airtel nos. The prospect of losing a couple of postpaid accounts has been known to work wonders 😀

Last month I came from Vodafone Red plan to my family plan of airtel.

Airtel plans are way cheaper than vodafone as you can customize according to usage.

But MNP and plan change procedure was not smooth took around 8-10 calls and 25 days to change.

Still waiting for 1st bill to confirm my 3 numbers on my family plan.

Airtel's 121 number help was stupid for most things they say visit store. Best way is to contact via Twitter and some one from their personal number with more authority will contact and you can call back same number for update.

I can compare vodafone red and airtel my plan but that may be for some other post

Port request do much more than any email or complain, at least in vodafone.
I was on 99(voice 350 min LS)+ 150 (500mb 3g)= 249 per month.
In Feb vodafone revised the 99 rental to 149/-. I immediately sent a port request and they gifted me 199 (voice 600 min LS) + 100 (1 GB 3g) = 299 per month.

This Plan is, I think, Much better than Red and family plan.

Last month I came from Vodafone Red plan to my family plan of airtel.

Airtel plans are way cheaper than vodafone as you can customize according to usage.

But MNP and plan change procedure was not smooth took around 8-10 calls and 25 days to change.

Still waiting for 1st bill to confirm my 3 numbers on my family plan.

Airtel's 121 number help was stupid for most things they say visit store. Best way is to contact via Twitter and some one from their personal number with more authority will contact and you can call back same number for update.

I can compare vodafone red and airtel my plan but that may be for some other post

The problem with airtel is that they take a lot of time to deal with issues , and it makes a mess of a problem . I still dont understand what hurry they are in as they fail to read the entire problem and come with a half baked solution . The charges keep on pilling up and the customer is the loser here .

I was checking out Reliance's Plan and they appear to be good . Lets see