• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 37,085
Status
Not open for further replies.

master007

ISP
Hathway
I am going to buy a 40" lcd (either Samsung 40B650 or Sony 40V550 or LG 42LH50) in coming weeks. Currently i'm having a cable connection for my tv viewing.I'm attracted to airtel iptv services (leaving behind channel change delay problem). So, basically i'm worried about how it will look on a 40" LCD compared to Airtel DTH/Tata Sky. I've searched for it alot but can't find anything about it. Even any dealer doesn't keep iptv for testing/reviewing.What do you people say about Airtel IPTV oicture quality on this bigger screen than usual?

sun dth is best for u:dance:

I am going to buy a 40\" lcd (either Samsung 40B650 or Sony 40V550 or LG 42LH50) in coming weeks. Currently i'm having a cable connection for my tv viewing.

I'm attracted to airtel iptv services (leaving behind channel change delay problem). So, basically i'm worried about how it will look on a 40\" LCD compared to Airtel DTH/Tata Sky. I've searched for it alot but can't find anything about it. Even any dealer doesn't keep iptv for testing/reviewing.

What do you people say about Airtel IPTV oicture quality on this bigger screen than usual?

Technically IPTV scores over DTH in Picture quality at any given time due to the availability of bandwidth & endless possibilities for interactive services not to forget it is also one of the easiest/quickest in terms of bringing new services but as of now IPTV in india is still in nascent stages but hope to see some good growth in near future....

Found this link from Rogers canada websites, might give you a little more insight on how HD works or possibly the future of HD in india: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/personal-programming/hdtv

But above all someone who's already using IPTV should be able to give more information on this, i had a very bad experience with both IOL & MyWay IPTV of BSNL but everyone knows Airtel is not the same as BSNL at most times 😗

i faced some problems initially. but airtel iptv has been awesome for me since the last couple of months.

they have not added any of the new channels however (real or wb)... but time shift comes very handy (42 channels now).

overall, i would not shift to ANYTHING. and it turns out to be cheap too as around 220 rupees are charged in the combo package.

----------

but then i have a 29" CRT. cannot really say about 40".

----------

airtel customer relationship center has airtel iptv on display. but they run a smaller LCD.

I am using both Airtel IPTV and DISHTV and following are my viewsAIRTEL IPTVI have been using Airtel IPTV for over 7 months now and I can tell you that if you are an office going guy and a movie buff you would love the time shift feature of IPTV. Watching 7days programmes of 43 channels without those irritating ad breaks is awesome. Plus you dont have to manually record the programs as the IPTV stores the content on server and streams over the internet.The drawbacks are delay in channel surfing. Interactive features (movie tickets etc) dont work properly. The movie library especially English is bad . If you are expecting HD streaming from IPTV please dont coz the video quality is MPEG4 but I can tell you the quality is good and watching FIFA on IPTV on my LCD is a treat and way better than DISH TV.No tension to recharge as bill comes as post paid billDISHTVTheir quality of service has improved over the past year . Advantages: quick surfing , early movie releases , Decent qualityDisadvantages; Too frequent disorientation of Antenna in bad weather , Getting it recharged (I m not a fan of prepaid stuff ) , No NEO sports , No recording

don't you wish espn and star sports were on time shift. 😀

don't you wish espn and star sports were on time shift. 😀

I really do.. I am a total sports freak and watch everything from Cricket to tennis to soccer to anything ... Thats why my hopes are pinned on reliance IPTV ...

I know they are not knwn to produce CUSTOMER friendly good quality products but the features they are offering are aplenty PLUS Big Tv is not doing bad in the market

the problem is with customer support largely. not for the hardware. all the companies import the hardware from chinese companies. so there is not much to complain about that aspect.

Icontrol provides Timeshift in all available 159 channels. But i didnt find Picture Quality 'WOW'.

How is the audio/video quality of Airtel IPTV compared to any DTH in general?DTH operators compromise audio/video quality to accommodate more channels since that have to put out every channels simultaneously of a limited bandwidth. But thats not the case in IPTV. Here only the channel is being watched is going to be streamed. But still IPTV operator can compromise quality to accommodate more number of customer in a pipe.To be specific, in DTH not ALL channels are having stereo audio. How is this in IPTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.