Advice for RAM

• Thread starter Thread starter saarth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,491
Post your complete pc specs, Value ram is enough for you , no need to buy the other ram which is made for overclocking .

PC Specs are

CPU: i3 540
Mobo: DH55TC
GPU: Gigabyte HD 7750
HDD: WD Caviar Green
RAM: 2x2GB modules

I know the mobo only supports 1333mhz, but i might upgrade after the summer.

4gb value ram is enough , get another stick of the same ram when you upgrade , it is your cpu which only supports 1333 ,memory controller is on the cpu . I have a pc with the same cpu being used by another family member running 4gb corsair value ram .

or you can buy 2x 4g right now & use it in your upgraded rig later .

It may not work , not sure, i had an extra 2gb which i tried installing in the PC i mentioned above but it would only boot with either 2b or 4gb stick . If it does not work you can sell the ram on forums like techenclave / erodov / or Olx .

Ram prices are so high right now, i was lucky to buy 2x 8gb 1600 mhz for only Rs 2600 during black friday in 2012 .

Got the new RAM but it doesn't seem to work. Windows boot fails every time and gets stuck in a reboot loop.
Tried the old ram with new ram as well as just the new ram.
The MB Bios detects all the rams fine, the issue occurs when windows tries to boot.

Just the old ram works fine though.

I am running win10 TP, could be an issue with that? 😵

Instead of that what i did is made a Ubuntu usb drive and booted into ubuntu with all 3 sticks of RAM and it worked!

So I am guessing it's an issue with windows 10 TP and downgrading to win8.1 would fix it?