Act Fibernet European Pings Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Xeno2206
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 213
  • Views Views 44,306
ISP
ACT Fibernet
For about 3 months, my latency to European servers was below 150.
Since last monday, my latency has gone over 250 on all servers! I am so so so annoyed with this and does anyone have any idea whats the matter?
My package is the 60mbps one and when i do the speed test, its still 60 mbps. Its not from my place but from the company! I just want my latency to be low again :"(

Yes, this has suddenly changed in the past few days. This has made online gaming impossible and is the sole reason i have gone for ACT.
Please improve the routing.

Here is the problematic part( got frome tracert) : when data is sent to if-2-590.tcore2.L78-London.as6453.net (alomost 250-320 ms)

what crap did they say.? did they even understand the problem?lol

The guy was like making me do a speed test and my speed was 40-60 mbps but the ping to eu servers was still 250+. I told him that other people also had the same problem on forums and he was like, your internet is 60 mbps, internet traffic and blabla.

ping is largely driven on geographical distance and routing...its funny when they make you do a speedtest to the ACT server claiming everything is ok. Does any one from ACT check these forums?

this website is useful to see pings between destinations..it showed a high value between frankfurt and indian cities few days back...
it now shows 154ms b/n chennai and FKFRT...need to check if things are back to normal once i get back home.

WonderNetwork

i am also facing the same problem ! using ACT from Chennai ... latency to any EU server would be 110-150 normally... I called their technical dept. and the guy said their has been SEA cable cut and they have rerouted the traffic via pacific... but when i do a trace , it goes normally through Chennai-->Mumbai VSNL-->.....-->Paris(260ms)..
Now as of my knowledge , ACT uses VSNL(TATA) line and the ACT service guy said VSNL has sent them a mail that the repair process could take up to 4 weeks..
But i highly suspect all this because there are only 3 possible ways for any ISP in india to connect to EU..
SEA-WE-ME 3 (TATA Communication holds a share)
SEA-WE-ME 4 (TATA and Airtel holds a share )
Europe India Gateway (Airtel holds a share)

So i did a tracert from Airtel BB and guesss what !? The latency were normal ! 180-200 ms

Either ACT or VSNL guys are lying or Airtel is purely using EIG cable... lets hope they rectify the problem soon.. i miss gaming 🙁 APB Reloaded is the ONLY game i play and it doesn have asian server.......