How to read Amaron Car battery MFG Code?

• Thread starter Thread starter newuser990
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 51,452
ISP
local
I have to buy a new battery for my car as the old one is dead i'd like to know how to read MFG code on Amaron batteries.don't want to buy a year old car battery again.
Exide has MFG code embedded on top of it along with serial number.my old exide has 2B0 123456 embedded where 2B0 is MFG code and 123456 is serial.
2-no idea what it means
B-means Feb (A-Jan;B-feb;c-March;D-Apr...so on)
0-means 2010 (1 means 2011;2 means 2012...so on)
it should be for exide batteries if they haven't changed it in current batteries.someone can confirm it.
Why i am interested in knowing the MFG date of batteries?
I purchased an Exide Car battery on Feb-2011 and it started giving me some problem on apr-2012.i though no worries it is still in warranty and i will get a new one,but on contacting Exide service center they told me that Exide has stopped honoring Warranty from date of purchase,and consider it from date of Manufacture and my battery was manufactured on Feb-2010,one year before i got it installed and 24 months has passed since then so it is not in warranty anymore.
Reason they gave me for doing that is some dealers are intentionally holding batteries for some time or using it for that one year before installing it in your car.

TeamBHP should have a thread on this 🙂 Google it.

Upvote 0