BSNL EVDO Capitel / PRITHIVI / MICROMAX USB Modem with TP-Link MR3420 WiFi Router

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 30,847
Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
BSNL EVDO Capitel CE200 USB Modem with TP-Link MR3420 WiFi Router
Hi
Been using BSNL EVDO for past 3 Years , lately been thinking about setting up a wifi network at home to use it for other Laptops and smart phones
bought TP-Link MR 3420 wireless router thru Amazon after reading reviews and getting help from this forum
Received the package and easily installed the network

Update : till now used capitel and micromax modems without any issue

05/08/2016
Update : Recently tested BSNL Prithvi EVDO modem for a friend of mine and it works without any issues except that it doesnt gets detected when connected via USB extension cable

Contents in the box

1. Wireless router
2. Ethernet cable
3. Two antennas
4. Power adapter
5. Guide CD
6. Installation instruction

Installation steps
1.Plugged in the cables , power and USB modem
2. To configure open browser type address 192.168.0.1
3. quick setup > select 3G/4G only> Fill in the username , password and dial number #777
earlier i entered the APN as bsnlnet , but it wasnt getting connected , thanks to member vspraneeth05 who has mentioned in his thread to leave
the APN TO BE LEFT BLANK
4. enter SSID and password details , you are done
5. It connects automatically to internet, provided your credentials are right
Identifying the modems took quite sometime for both Capitel and Micromax Modems , was holding my breath for a long time !
it says it support windows 8 , but in the installation guide it says otherway
but didnt have any problem using it on windows 8
LED indications are usefull
there is no wifi on/off button , there is a pinhole on the side , using a pin wifi can be switched ON/OFF or thru the browser
Using LAN cable for internet connection to Laptop and Wifi for other smartphones , Problems None
Coverage is decent , havent check every corner though
Getting 1.5 to 2 mbps in smart phones over wifi and 2.5 to 3 mbps in laptop thru LAN cable which is my normal speed
Thanks to IBFuser and Vspraneeth05's !!
Amazon package and delivery was upto the mark , product was in the sealed pack

PS: will there be a problem if the router is on 24/7 ?

Last edited:
Nope. Should be fine running 24x7, I'd be worried about the dongle though.

^ am sure the dongle wont burn out , have been using it for 3 years with 50% of the days running 24/7
IBFUser said:
There is wifi on/off switch(little hole to the left of USB port) never used it though
saw it later , it is more like a hole than a button , was looking for missing button in the box
cant use pin every time to ON/OFF the wifi , one little bad thing in this router

Bought TL MR3220 router but the speed is too low hardly 100kbps with it .. :numbness: :numbness:
signal strength 80% when i connect my evdo to computer with an extension cable i get 200-900kbps speed.
also the router refuses to connect when usb extension cable is used ..

Thanks @MediaFire for sharing this info.
Few queries:
I am using the BSNL EVDO (Capitel USB stick - black color - purchased from BSNL). Will this data card work with this TP-Link wifi router? See the version below:

You seem to be using this for last 4 weeks. do you want to share any latest reviews based on your usage?

ckr97 said:
Thanks @MediaFire for sharing this info.
Few queries:
I am using the BSNL EVDO (Capitel USB stick - black color - purchased from BSNL). Will this data card work with this TP-Link wifi router? See the version below:

You seem to be using this for last 4 weeks. do you want to share any latest reviews based on your usage?
sorry for the late reply , am using capitel modem and there isnt any issue and connection process is seemless , i dont even have to connect
just switch on the router . i plug the modem to laptop only once a month to check the balance and for recharge
InternetAddict007 said:
@mediafire,does you're modem get detected even while using an extension cable bro?
yes , it gets detected thru extension cable . no issues till now

Krishna6233 said:
Bought TL MR3220 router but the speed is too low hardly 100kbps with it .. :numbness: :numbness:
signal strength 80% when i connect my evdo to computer with an extension cable i get 200-900kbps speed.
also the router refuses to connect when usb extension cable is used ..
i have connected the modem to router thru USB extension cable and am getting 1 -- 2.5 mbps

Hello Guys ,
I am using BSNL EVDO AC8700 modem past 4 yrs i want it use in TL-MR3220 modem (v2.3) i have bought this modem in snap deal.I have configured the modem and i identified the EVDO modem but its not connecting the internet help me guys

Status
Not open for further replies.