Opera Browser Updates

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
It has been more than two months since the release of last preview from the Opera Stable. And the latest preview seems to be more aimed at making the first view of the opera browser more simple for new users. User Interface has been thoroughly redesigned yet again with fewer options on the front end. Complicated settings have been moved to deeper levels of options.

Some of the most noticeable features are close button on the tabs, a popup blocker notifier. Popup blocking is enabled by default now on fresh installs. There is a new recycle bin button, which lists the blocked popups and closed tabs, giving easy accessibility. And M2 (Opera Mail Client) users will like the updated auto-resizing reply box in the mails.

Another interesting feature are the security icon (padlock) and RSS icon that comes in the address bar itself when on a secure page or a page correctly linked to a valid RSS newsfeed. For more information, the Changelog is located here. Users can download the new beta from the Opera Forums Post.

However, considering this is a preview release users are not recommended to use this browser for critical purposes.

http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/w760p2.html | http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70665

Opera Software releases Preview 2 of Opera Browser 7.60

It's been a long wait. Nice review!

Firefox has been hogging the news since the last couple of days with its first final version release with plans to snatch up to 10% of the browser market share in the coming year. However, there is another browser, which has survived every @$$ault in the web browsers field.

Opera Browser has been the third most popular browser in the market since quiet many years. It has seen the Netscape Era, it survived the Internet Explorer scare, and now it is doing pretty good with Firefox taking the center stage. It is in version 7.xx now and is possibly the most feature rich browser (not a skin for another rendering engine) out of the box and that too in a sub 4meg download (without java).

Opera releases Preview 3 of much awaited 7.60 version

Opera turns the fast forward button into Next when it find links that will take you to the next page. Most of the time the application makes good guesses and makes searching fun on Google and Yahoo! I can move onto next search page by just using a mouse gesture or pressing Next from the interface.

MSN Search running on MSN has such a creepy code that Opera does not find the next link properly. So, I have to manually click on the next link to get a new result page. MSN Search Beta for the time being fixes the issue! And thus becomes somewhat Opera friendly for me. Even Results Ranking bars in Search Builder are working better now.

http://beta.search.msn.com/

More: MSN Search Beta is Opera Friendly

Firefox has a BBcode extension, whereby if you right-click from a text-field, you can format the text for forum posts. I was missing that feature (and envying firefox/mozilla), especially since I frequent forums, but don't want to leave opera.

So I got the best of both worlds now. A BBcode plugin (well, sort of....) for Opera7 and above. 😀
1. Download and extract the attached INI file.
2. Go to
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Opera\Opera75\profile\menu
(you might have to create the menu folder, if it doesn't already exist).
3. Place BBcodev3.ini in that menu folder, when opera is *NOT* running.
4. Now start opera, go to:
Code:
Tools >> Preferences >> Toolbars and Menus >> Menu setup >> BBcodeV3
Select it and apply it.

Now reply in any topic or start new topic (on any forum that uses standard text-fields), and right-click. You'll see formatting text becomes much easier.

This was originally discussed on the opera forums. Modified by Shotgun, for greater ease of use. If you used this file and liked it, please post and let us know about it. And if you think the original author did it badly and you can do a better job, I'll be happy to see the results.

View attachment 63

nice. but knowing opera. i would have to make appends to add it in my existing custom context menu. plus opera don't work with forum buttons which s*ck 🙁

I know.
That's exactly why this INI exists! Try it. Okay, I'll try convincing you with a scrshot 😉

happy?

Thanks for the screenshot but your christm@$$y skin is pretty irritating. use breeze micro 😉