Telecom Minister RS Prasad's lies about BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter India_King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,640
So i checked RS Prasad's Twitter line. He's claiming that BSNL was in 10000 Crore profit in 2004 but in loss of 7800 Crore by 2014. He blames all of it on UPA and Congress. While i agree that UPA and Congress have mismanaged BSNL and MTNL during their tenure. But this is incomplete truth.

The key fact which RS Prasad doesn't mention is that before 2004 BSNL/MTNL had the monopoly over telecom business. All other Private Telecom/Infocomm companies had very little or non existent presence. Airtel, Reliance, Act, Tata, Aircel, Idea etc etc. They have only emerged in last decade. Airtel became Publicly traded company in 2003, RCom Started Operation in 2002. Private telecom companies had almost no business in Fixed Line/Broadband before 2004. If you need Fixed line phone or Internet connection before 2004. You had to go to BSNL or MTNL.

The real emergence of telecom companies began in 2003-04 and it changed the image of telecom industry forever. 2004-2009 was the fastest growth of India's Private telecom sector and specially Broadband.

Obvious thing is, when people got alternate to stupid old BSNL/MTNL they simply dumped them and became customers of private telecom companies. Fixed line, Mobile, Broadband - Private telecom companies had better to offer on all fronts compared to BSNL/MTNL.

BSNL/MTNL could not stay competitive against Airtel, RCom, Idea and 100 other telecom companies and ISPs who provide much better service and products. Congress Govt did little to reform BSNL/MTNL so as to keep them competitive and hence profitable.

What is our new Telecom Minster of BJP doing to make BSNL/MTNL competitive to stand against Airtel, Reliance, Act etc? Tell me one good thing.

Totally agree with buddy, why blame others when the current government can set things right by providing cool plans, updated technology and coverage.