• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 8,168

igloo

Not just Internet.
ISP
Airtel Fiber
Jio Fiber Backup Plan
Brought a eveready 7w led before reading its high lumen per watt rating but now read that its power factor is 0.5 which means it consume 14w means i saved just 1w compared to cfl bulb and still paid more than double the price. wtf eveready.
no star ratings for led by our govt.(sleeping)

you can read more about power factor here Top 11 Indian Branded LED Bulbs compared | LED lights in India

I am about to change all cfl in house with led (30+) bulb so need to keep a few spare one in house.
Anyone here got noticed power bill savings by changing whole house lights with led?

i was hoping to see a drop but haryana government raised prices by 20%. 🙄

Upvote 0
i thought the article you linked already suggested what you should look for? i have never gone into details as i have mostly replaced the 40w tubes with 12w havells led tubelights. i did not check the ratings or the values. we just went for it. i also ended up replacing all cfls with led bulbs. again, did not bother researching. just bought the models that were on sale. now probably not a smart thing. but that's what i did :\ that article was helpful. would try to keep the relevant values in mind next time!

Upvote 0
Hx4Yxgp.jpg
in everyday

*pf is 0.9, so the facts in the article itself is wrong or old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
more like outdated. these bulbs are probably updated every few months as improved technology is implemented by the oem manufacturer 😀

Upvote 0
Crompton Greaves 7W LED with PF > 0.9 Cost around Rs. 250.
I got 8 such bulbs from Delhi Govt. DELP scheme at reduced price of Rs. 93/bulb
It makes some difference in the bill, but not much because other things still consume a lot of electricity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Go with Eveready . I have bought many Eveready and Philips LED's over years. Per Watt Lumens output is higher in New Eveready LED's . Also they have best power factor for new LED's 🙂 .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
power bill difference for a single consumer may not be significant but it will be huge if we consider a whole city.

Upvote 0