Which company has best service support for their smartphones?

• Thread starter Thread starter tech_help
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 5,284

tech_help

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Which brand mobile phone is easy to repair?
I had Honor Bee and display broke. Local repair shops didn't had display and the service centers of Honor were useless. So I have to throw it.
It was a great device but no support.
Now I want to know which device is easier to get repaired from local shops if needed.
No company other than Samsung seems to have their service center.

It was just 2 months old.

i am guessing it changes from model to model. models that do not sell well are likely to be low on priority for spare parts for the manufacturer.

i suggest sticking to brands like micromax or samsung or motorola which sell large number of devices in the market. Asus is a small player and their phones are usually full of bloatware.

best is to handle the phone carefully so that you do not have to deal with spare parts at all. @Nishant had a horrible time with his nexus 6 which is a premium device from motorola.

experience would vary from one service center to another. i doubt any of these companies have an exceptional track record when it comes to providing spares and repairs for smartphones.

dont like samsung, micromax
so guess will stick to rs 5000 budget since it has become a one time use device, no guarantee of repair.

xiaomi might be worth considering. but again. i see a lot of negative comments about poor service support on their facebook posts. but the fact remains they sell so many devices so it's expected. and people with negative experiences are more likely to post about it on official channels.

All iPhones have cheapest display available Karol bagh mkt Delhi. Told by mobile phones importer there once. Next comes Samsung. iPhone because of less no of models. Samsung have too many. Similarly micromax , HTC , Sony comes next.
Popular the model , cheaper its components. It's demand and supply thing. Due to this iPhone display are competitively priced.

no one has their own service centers in india. everyone outsources it to external companies. which is why you end up with single outlets serving multiple brands. samsung and motorola does appear to have dedicated service centers here in gurgaon. Sony and htc had the same service center when i visited them few years ago. Nokia used to have a dedicated service center as well.

I purchased Micromax Canvas Spark from Snapdeal. Good phone. Unfortunately i dropped it and broke my rear camera Glass (Glass that protects rear camera). I contacted Micromax service center and they had nothing. They said me to deposit my phone for 10 days but nothing happened. After running from Pillar to post, i was informed by a service center that many Spare parts including camera glass of my phone is not available at present because my Model is new.

I went to Karol Bagh. I was informed that original camera glass is not available. There are mechanics who build custom sized camera glasses by cutting and polishing. Some guy demanded me 500 Rs. Some demanded 300 Rs. Finally i came across a guy who did it for 150 Rs. Did it in front of me in less than 10 minutes.

Smartphones are easy to buy. Getting them repaired in case it break down can be very difficult. Specially if your Model is uncommon & rare.

Its advisable to use strong protective covers, tampered glass etc to protect from physical damage. Also buy Models of common smartphones instead of going for rare catchy ones. So that you can get repair service in case of problem.

I am not sure, but i guess Samsung has a strong network of service centers in India.