MTNL Mumbai MTNL Broadband has increased FUP Bandwidth Limits on some plans

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,898

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
MTNL has increased the FUP for most low tier plans by 2GB to 12GB.

Even though this is a welcome move, 8 Mbps on copper has started to show it's age. How long will MTNL sustain 8 Mbps speeds when cable operators start offering though Fiber? MTNL does have Fiber plans but funnily they don't have any on-going fiber deployment.

We are on a brink of 4G LTE revolution. The customers who want extremely high speed for short bursts will opt for 4G data card.

Link here

Yes, you are right. It will be difficult for them to sustain long with just these plans.
Yesterday, I was reviewing Airtel plans for Mumbai. For Rs. 1299, one can get 16 Mbps speed with FUP of 60 GB plus an unlimited number of calls including local and STD all over India. This really makes a difference, at least for those people who still use a landline. And 60 GB is a fairly good FUP for those who don't download much.
So I suppose, MTNL needs to come up with some good competitive plans or be prepared for a slow death.

Xpress + Unlimited 600 (only Non-Combo & Combo) customers ne kya paap kiya. They are the only ones in the Xpress + Unlimited plans who have been left out

Isnt MTNL listed as one of the "sick" PSU's by the Goverment?....... How is it going to get money for Fiber expansion when Gov. is looking to shutdown sick PSU's......